• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Should there be grief protection for Town builders?

Gyrwyx

Dirt
I'm not referring to spawn camping or anything like that.

Recently I started building a town with the help of a couple of friends. I've used about 4 double chests of stone, and so far the limits of the town probably exceed the diameter limits. There are nicely done roads, all sections are terraced and there is even an aqueduct.

I'm new to this server, but not new to minecraft. I don't have the coin to lock a chest, so I put the stone and ore I needed to finish the town in a chest while I took a break for a couple of days. I come back and it is no longer there. I can't finish the town without that stuff, or without mining and smelting another 8000 stone blocks and 640 iron.

I'm just trying to make the server more beautiful. That might sound cheesy to most of you, but my interests lie wholly within creating a place where people can gather and socialize. A place with scenery and art.

I feel like an artist who had his paint stolen.

Either a limited amount of chest locking should be available for free, or stealing from chests should be specialized. Chest stealing should be something only specialized thieves can do, not something that any random person can do.

I probably won't finish the town unless I get the minerals and stone I require to finish it, and I have no incentive to do that when the person who stole my supplies can just come back and steal again. I have no way to protect myself or my art.

llamasx3

Legacy Supporter 6
Get regions or get the money to lwc. Stealing is legal on this server. Sorry

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
Best solution is to join a town for the added security that a township can provide. Then upon collecting the required material to create a township you and your friends can work together to build a town for your own.

Note: Towns cannot be created until the township cap is extended or a town loses regions.

Also if you and your friends can work together you guys might be able to buy a spawn plot and store items there.

Working together with other people is the only way you will succeed