• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Should Heroes add Titles based on Class?

Should Heroes add Titles based on Class?

• Total voters

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
A lot of people already have titles, some people more than one! This is a neat idea, though. Perhaps a title-selection plugin, where you can type a command to swap out "unlocked" titles? A player would be a King, a Guide, an Architect or a Smithy depending on the situation.

Edit: Also, this would give more opportunity to hold contests for new titles, so people could unlock titles like "Arena Champion" or, I dunno... some other cool, contest-related thing. Titles could also be given for outstanding play or unusual events.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
I think that you should have the option to turn it off too though. If someone is talking and they are a thief I will avoid them.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yeah, swapping titles would be cool - I'd really like to start getting Titles like ... Kainzo the Redeemer! - kicking - but for obvious reasons we're limited on chat.

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Doreagarde said:
A lot of people already have titles, some people more than one! This is a neat idea, though. Perhaps a title-selection plugin, where you can type a command to swap out "unlocked" titles? A player would be a King, a Guide, an Architect or a Smithy depending on the situation.

Edit: Also, this would give more opportunity to hold contests for new titles, so people could unlock titles like "Arena Champion" or, I dunno... some other cool, contest-related thing. Titles could also be given for outstanding play or unusual events.

I approve of this statment

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
The only way I would approve this is if you could change your title on your own to these "unlocked" titles.

What if I was forced to have a "Warrior" title and I didn't want people knowing what Class I was, for whatever reason?

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Brutalacerate said:
The only way I would approve this is if you could change your title on your own to these "unlocked" titles.

What if I was forced to have a "Warrior" title and I didn't want people knowing what Class I was, for whatever reason?

I also approve of this

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
I know we're not going for "real life realism" or anything, but if I saw some guy on the street and wanted to fight him, I wouldn't know what kind of fighter he was or what he was capable of/what he could use against me.

I'd love for that to be the case with Heroes.

I want to be able to keep my class a secret so people wouldn't know what to expect and also, believe it or not, I'd love to run up on someone to fight and get the hell knocked outta me because I didn't know they were a Warrior.....or just plain stronger.

I know I'm an Admin and I can't really participate in PvP, but just throwing my voice out there in case some others agree.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I'd like to see class titles, but only if the title management plugin Doreagarde suggested worked out.

Going along with Brutal's sentiments, including a No Title option for yourself and a Hide All Titles command would be good too.

Figgis

Legacy Supporter 5
Brutalacerate said:
I know we're not going for "real life realism" or anything, but if I saw some guy on the street and wanted to fight him, I wouldn't know what kind of fighter he was or what he was capable of/what he could use against me.

I want to be able to keep my class a secret so people wouldn't know what to expect and also, believe it or not, I'd love to run up on someone to fight and get the hell knocked outta me because I didn't know they were a Warrior.....or just plain stronger.

I know I'm an Admin and I can't really participate in PvP, but just throwing my voice out there in case some others agree.

Hey, I would love a rematch btw =P, iron swords, all the arrows you want, diamond armor. Ya dig?

And yeah, anyway you can actually put it after someones name? like just for example,

"[Admin]BrutalAssRape[Warrior]: I like boys"

And have the option to have the tag or not would be nice.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
The majority of the fun I see coming with this plugin is not knowing who anyone is.

1. Im walking through the woods with nothing on me, see a dude, and it says blacksmith. No weapons or armor, easy kill. I kill him and walk away.

2. Im walking through the woods with nothing on me, see a dude, and get my ass out because he might be a warrior about to kick my ass.

I want the secretiveness that comes along with it. I don't want everyone knowing if im a fighter or a supporter.

Also, since this mod is mostly for pvp, this makes killing easier even with classes. You will know while you are hiding if that guy is a better class than you or if he is a weaker class, you will not have to chance a fight on your skill, people will only fight the classes that they have an advantage to. I know I won't be fighting people that I know for a fact are a class that can kick my ass.

QUICK EDIT: Dore's idea would be good, as long as there is some way of hiding it. Also, that would become too much to fit unless you got rid of mayor titles and such, but then we won't know who is a mayor, so we really need the plugin or not to have titles with it.
Also, more people who are against it make sure you post. Need more reasons and support. Don't just vote, take the time to care what happens on the server and give a reason so the admins can make a good, informed decision. This is a very important topic.

FuzLogix

Legacy Supporter 7
Doreagarde said:

What he said...

Title unlocks would be very cool +1

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
Figgis said:
Brutalacerate said:

Hey, I would love a rematch btw =P, iron swords, all the arrows you want, diamond armor. Ya dig?

And yeah, anyway you can actually put it after someones name? like just for example,

"[Admin]BrutalAssRape[Warrior]: I like boys"

And have the option to have the tag or not would be nice.

Haha. Fuck off Noobeata. You forgot to add that I only like Boys when I am drunk! Mwuahahahaha. Nah.

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Mastering a class should allow an unlockable title, mastering all classes should as well. Simply typing that you want to be a warrior, however, should not.

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
Brutalacerate said:

s'what i said

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
AlexDaParrot said:
Mastering a class should allow an unlockable title, mastering all classes should as well. Simply typing that you want to be a warrior, however, should not.

Have a heart, Alex! Remember the Skinner Box. New guy types a command to become a warrior, gets a title, thinks "I like this place!"

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I would say no because then it makes a huge mess over those who have titles for a reason (i.e. mayors, sic's, bankers, architects, mods, guides, admins, emperor(empress). I already have people ask me why they can't have a banker title or a miner title and I simply state that imagine everyone having a title. We'd be paying attention to what is said more often than by who said it.