• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Short story

_Fish_

Legacy Supporter 3
Cobbled this together in a few days more to come if you want/like it.

It had been nearly three days since I had last seen the walls of Haven. The city, though in its infancy, was impressive to say the least. This new land was fertile and flourishing, still untouched by the hands of the eager masses fresh off the ships. As I wondered the sprawling fields I pondered both the creation and destruction that was to come. The land I had left behind had all but been picked clean like a great carcass. I sent a quick prayer to Dahary to protect this land and prevent it from facing a similar fate. I had little confidence in the gods heading such a prayer.
I followed a winding stream deeper into the wilderness. The trees here were much different than the trees which I had grown with. Some were only a little taller than myself, others were easily the same height as the largest building I had ever seen. I climbed to the top of the tree nearest to me and surveyed the nearby area. I took a deep breath of fresh air. That's when it happened. Suddenly there was a resounding explosion, so close the shrapnel bounced off of the branches. "what the hell was that!?" I thought in shock. I nearly fell trying to get out of the tree. When I reached the bottom I was met with a smoking crater about the size of an elephant. "What could have possibly caused that?". Suddenly there was a rustling in the bushes on the other side of the newly formed hole. That's when I saw it.. *To be continued*