• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Shieldreflect not working on arrow hits

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
As a pally I use shieldreflect pretty much.
When I was fighting a ranger in a skirmish today I saw that he didn't take dammage at all when I used shieldreflect and he shot me.
I taught this was odd, and tried whit a friend (samurai).
Then I saw that the bow shooter still didn't take damage for shooting me while I use shieldreflect.

Conclution:
Shieldreflect doesn't have any effect on arrow hits, as I believe it should..

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
and how would the arrow shooter take damage if the arrow didnt get reflected? magic?
The arrow would have bonded with the soul of the shooter - thus creating a magical link between them. When a Paladin then uses ShieldReflect, he draws upon this strength on soul to send the damage back to the attacker, though he would still take the hit, it would not affect him.
Either that, or you're awesome with shields.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
The arrow would have bonded with the soul of the shooter - thus creating a magical link between them. When a Paladin then uses ShieldReflect, he draws upon this strength on soul to send the damage back to the attacker, though he would still take the hit, it would not affect him.
Either that, or you're awesome with shields.
Dude, it's an arrow. It would just stick in the shield. It makes sense not to have it affect arrows.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Dude, it's an arrow. It would just stick in the shield. It makes sense not to have it affect arrows.
Fair point as well, there should be a least SOME realism here. Already it's impossible for rangers to kill paladins (40+ hits with fully charged bow disregarding healing), if people weren't already aware.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Fair point as well, there should be a least SOME realism here. Already it's impossible for rangers to kill paladins (40+ hits with fully charged bow disregarding healing), if people weren't already aware.
And that's with arrows doing 150ish damage.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Even if it is hard for rangers, not fixing a bug is a bad solution to make it easier for them..
Remember that not only rangers use arrows..

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
stop arguing details people. shield reflect is meant to reflect all damage taken. it reflects fireballs, so why wouldnt it reflect arrows? this is clearly a bug and should be treated as such

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Realism? Then why can a ranger in chainmail armor run as fast as a disciple without armor?

Anyway this is a bug as ShieldReflect should reflect all damage. If you want an explaination WHY they can throw arrow damage back at the rangers, one word: Magic.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Miners and kenn are right..
This game isn't based on realism, it's based on minecraft..
Is it realistic that someone can shoot a ball of fire, or make lightning appear on your head..

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I like how this thread forces us to consider the match-up of Paladin vs Ranger (as well as other arrow specs). There aren't many match-ups in herocraft I would call almost impossible to win, but that is one of them. I have beaten a paladin once in a skirmish, it is very difficult.

+1 to fix the bug, realism be damned pallys r magical.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I like how this thread forces us to consider the match-up of Paladin vs Ranger (as well as other arrow specs). There aren't many match-ups in herocraft I would call almost impossible to win, but that is one of them. I have beaten a paladin once in a skirmish, it is very difficult.
This isn't a ''Rogue should beat casters, healers AND warriors'' thread.