• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Shaman Skill - Banish

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I have been looking for a class that needs Banish cc, and I think Shaman could be that class. It fits lore wise. Shaman "needs" a skill because the long totem cooldowns make their large kit seem small, and we aren't looking at reducing those cooldowns in this suggested implementation:

Banish: The Target is Untargetable, Invulnerable, and stunned for 5-7 seconds. 1.5 second warm-up

Shaman has two heals with 3 second warm-ups, and being able to lock someone out has both solo and group fight potential.
In addition, Shaman's current builds could use a bit more variety than just WIS + INT + defense, so Banish would have a low base and scale nicely with Charisma.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Would this work on both friends and enemies?
Probably just enemies, unless you can present a case for why Shaman wants/needs a 7sec Invuln+ Stun on themselve/allies.

The idea is that while banished, nothing happens to you. Your health stays the same, you are untargetable, and you can't move. What is new about this cc is that because it doesn't allow for any damage to be done, it can last a considerable bit longer than CC's like DivineStun or Piggify.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
shaman's a caster now, I see this more fitting for guiler.

potential use for allied banish: teammate taking heavy fire, banish them and the enemy still hits them a second and is likely not to notice for at least half a second unless they're good and watch the chat box. either way, the teammate that was taking heavy fire is now safe and the enemies beating them up and be distracted/removed/delayed.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Beguiler has plenty of cc, and all their cc is interactive (breaks on damage/allows damage while cc'd).

I don't get your point about Shaman being a caster, mike, since beguiler is a caster too. If anything, a caster is the only path that Banish makes sense lore-wise.

szatanista

Soulsand
I have been playing shaman for only like 2 weeks so I might be wrong but imo shaman should get either one more damaging ability or one more heal/buff.

Atm he's not really a caster because his dps kinda low and his heals are meeeh(healing surge's stamina+mana regen are amazing tho)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I have been playing shaman for only like 2 weeks so I might be wrong but imo shaman should get either one more damaging ability or one more heal/buff.

Atm he's not really a caster because his dps kinda low and his heals are meeeh(healing surge's stamina+mana regen are amazing tho)
It is a Caster, Just cuz It dosnt Have the Best Damage dosnt make it less of a caster, Bloodmage has 1 good Self Heal, Does that make it less of a healer?

szatanista

Soulsand
@JupiterRome But bloodmage has 3 heals and 3(?) buffs which makes him a quite good healer/support. Shaman's only buff is primal totem which isn't as good as eq. Enlightenment

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
@JupiterRome But bloodmage has 3 heals and 3(?) buffs which makes him healer. Quite good one. Shaman's only buff is primal totem(not counting healing surge) which isn't as good as eq. Enlightenment
Yeah 3 Heals OP Right? BLoodirtual Is good, Bloodgift Cant Self Heal at all Transuse is like a 90 hp heal for 30 health or something and You cant heal to full with it, Shaman can Do a Lot of Damage in Group Fights still that may be why it is a caster

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Shaman is in such a weird state right now. It doesn't really have enough skills atm. Depending on what skills it gets will decide what kind of class it will be.

szatanista

Soulsand
Yeah 3 Heals OP Right? BLoodirtual Is good, Bloodgift Cant Self Heal at all Transuse is like a 90 hp heal for 30 health or something and You cant heal to full with it, Shaman can Do a Lot of Damage in Group Fights still that may be why it is a caster

Why are you still talking about SELF heals? Healers main job is to keep his teammates alive. Shaman cant do that at the moment because he heals for like 350 hp every 20 secs and healing totem is just way too weak.

if you heal yourself on the other hand its around 300 hp every 20-30 secs. Skills you'll be using in teamfights for damage are chain lightning (150-200 damage at most), firestrike totem(prob like 50-70 damge because people will just run away from it and its kinda buggy) and windgale.....80 damage. So i dont know how can you call him a caster when he does like 300 damage at MOST

@Thread: The idea is pretty cool but I dont think this is what shaman needs atm (Wouldnt this skill be a bit OP in 2v2's, 3v3's etc? Just banish highest dps or a tank and slaughter the rest

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Why are you still talking about SELF heals? Healers main job is to keep his teammates alive. Shaman cant do that at the moment because he heals for like 350 hp every 20 secs and healing totem is just way too weak.

if you heal yourself on the other hand its around 300 hp every 20-30 secs. Skills you'll be using in teamfights for damage are chain lightning (150-200 damage at most), firestrike totem(prob like 50-70 damge because people will just run away from it and its kinda buggy) and windgale.....80 damage. So i dont know how can you call him a caster when he does like 300 damage at MOST

@Thread: The idea is pretty cool but I dont think this is what shaman needs atm (Wouldnt this skill be a bit OP in 2v2's, 3v3's etc? Just banish highest dps or a tank and slaughter the rest
Yeah Cuz I mean Fire Ticks are not A Thing Right? Fall Damage on Wind Gale isn't a thing Either Right? And I mean you Can only Use a skill Once Per fight Right?
I'm Done with this cuz I honestly Don't think you know what you're Talking about.
I like This Skill, I think I suggested it when I was balance But giving Blindness also, I don't think It Fits Shaman though.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Yeah Cuz I mean Fire Ticks are not A Thing Right? Fall Damage on Wind Gale isn't a thing Either Right? And I mean you Can only Use a skill Once Per fight Right?
I'm Done with this cuz I honestly Don't think you know what you're Talking about.
I like This Skill, I think I suggested it when I was balance But giving Blindness also, I don't think It Fits Shaman though.
The joke is that the fireticks actually reduce damage....

szatanista

Soulsand
@JupiterRome *malik said all that was to say about fire tick, and fall damage isnt "reliable" source of damage...You can't assume you'll fight on a moutain or w/e everytime.

Edit: up@ wat....I don't even... If you want to count fall damage then wizard is op because he can push you off 200 block moutain with fireball and thats instakill plz nerf.

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
@JupiterRome *malik said all that was to say about fire tick, and fall damage isnt "reliable" source of damage...You can't assume you'll fight on a moutain or w/e everytime.

Edit: up@ wat....I don't even... If you want to count fall damage then wizard is op because he can push you off 200 block moutain with fireball and thats instakill plz nerf.
Im just saying a smart shaman can deal loads of Damage with it...... Your on your own personal crusade to make shaman seem Like an underpowerd class it seems like, I just dont think Shaman needs this skill and TBH it is a very strong class, Some People say Disciple is OP due to its ability to deal so much fall damage, I dont see a difference here (Not all people say that but some) Also you Leave out the Fact That Shaman Has Close to Paladin Melee and Eartheren Fury and Shocking Strike which are each like 80ish damage? Also I find it Stupid How you use fireball to Defend Fall Damage on Wind Gale, Fireball dosnt Even Push you much, Should have used a skill like Forcepush/pull Also you Never Said Anything about My Above quote Shaman has good heals and according to you (Its Wrong but Meh) A 300 Damage Combo, Then you Leave out Primal Totem Melee Buff + Melee in General + Fire Ticks + Earthren Fury + Shocking Strikes + Fall Damage ( I think Force Totem + wind Gale might Give it every time but Not Sure) + The Abillity to Kite around and Heal + If they Dont want to Kite Standing on your Totem and Letting the Fireballs Push People Back, Again This Defends How I say,
You Don't Know What You're Talking About

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Im just saying a smart shaman can deal loads of Damage with it...... Your on your own personal crusade to make shaman seem Like an underpowerd class it seems like, I just dont think Shaman needs this skill and TBH it is a very strong class, Some People say Disciple is OP due to its ability to deal so much fall damage, I dont see a difference here (Not all people say that but some) Also you Leave out the Fact That Shaman Has Close to Paladin Melee and Eartheren Fury and Shocking Strike which are each like 80ish damage? Also I find it Stupid How you use fireball to Defend Fall Damage on Wind Gale, Fireball dosnt Even Push you much, Should have used a skill like Forcepush/pull Also you Never Said Anything about My Above quote Shaman has good heals and according to you (Its Wrong but Meh) A 300 Damage Combo, Then you Leave out Primal Totem Melee Buff + Melee in General + Fire Ticks + Earthren Fury + Shocking Strikes + Fall Damage ( I think Force Totem + wind Gale might Give it every time but Not Sure) + The Abillity to Kite around and Heal + If they Dont want to Kite Standing on your Totem and Letting the Fireballs Push People Back, Again This Defends How I say,
You Don't Know What You're Talking About
I know what I'm talking about and shamans damage is SHIT :p