• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Shaman Mana Costs

MajDeath

Portal
As a Shaman I have to say I only start to have mana problems near the end of the fight (in a 5v5). Just like any class you need to learn how to manage your mana. :)

edit:
ShockingStrike - Since its phys damage its best to use only to interrupt and not spam.
EarthernFury - The slow does not work and is not worth using as its phys damage on top of that.
EngulfingTotem - Not worth using unless you're fighting a ranger or someone who benefits from agility as the slow is incredibly useless.
Windgale - Not effective for damage, best used for getting enemies off your allies or pushing people who are trying to flee back into your friends if you get ahead of them.
TotemRecall - Always remember to recall a totem right before it ends
ForceTotem - Don't even.

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Not that it should be here, but I did notice that FlameStrike when it first hits a player and lights them on fire.....it won't damage them again until the target is no longer on fire.

Sadly, that's the overarching problem of "fire ticks". Fireballs as used by FirestrikeTotem, much like standard left click melee hits, use the vanilla invulnerability frames, which are triggered by fire ticks.

I've wanted to remove fire tick damage for a while now, but not something I recall ever directly confronting Kain about...

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Looks that way because the costs shouldn't have been that high in the first place.
Those mana cost are way too low, to be good you must learn to manage your mana/stamina, it is not about spamming skills. This is what separates good pvprs from garbage ones. Shaman is good, I would never turn down a shaman for a team fight. Learn to play the class more efficiently.

MajDeath

Portal
Sadly, that's the overarching problem of "fire ticks". Fireballs as used by FirestrikeTotem, much like standard left click melee hits, use the vanilla invulnerability frames, which are triggered by fire ticks.

I've wanted to remove fire tick damage for a while now, but not something I recall ever directly confronting Kain about...
You really should try and get that skill changed somehow so its reliable.