• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Server Texture Pack on TechnicLauncher

Geooo

Iron
So i tried using the mod pack again recently, but it soon came apparent the traditional server texture pack wasn't working, atleast not for me. I've tried several different ways to get the texture pack working again, but i believe it says it's 'not compatible' so does that mean it needs updating to 1.9 or? I've tried using the Conquest resource pack too, but when i try log on to the server with it on it just crashes and takes me back to the launcher. Just want some answers whether this is only for me what's happening or if others are experiencing it too, thanks.

-Geooo

Lordofon

Glowing Redstone
The mod pack isn't what gives you the texture pack, it's just the server that prompts your client with the texture pack, so it could be vanilla and not technic. Ehmmm, the texture pack isn't exactly up yet, so that's why you haven't been able to see or use it.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So i tried using the mod pack again recently, but it soon came apparent the traditional server texture pack wasn't working, atleast not for me. I've tried several different ways to get the texture pack working again, but i believe it says it's 'not compatible' so does that mean it needs updating to 1.9 or? I've tried using the Conquest resource pack too, but when i try log on to the server with it on it just crashes and takes me back to the launcher. Just want some answers whether this is only for me what's happening or if others are experiencing it too, thanks.

-Geooo
We're still working on a 1.9 pack.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The pack comes with a default server list, which contains Herocraft and the server texture pack setting set to ON.
Need to press "Edit", and turn it off... and probably do it again after every update because Technic is stupid.

Geooo

Iron
The pack comes with a default server list, which contains Herocraft and the server texture pack setting set to ON.
Need to press "Edit", and turn it off... and probably do it again after every update because Technic is stupid.
I did that, many times. Every time i tried to join the server with Conquest chosen in my resource packs my minecraft just exited itself and took me back to the technic launcher :/

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
I did that, many times. Every time i tried to join the server with Conquest chosen in my resource packs my minecraft just exited itself and took me back to the technic launcher :/
Turn on console in the launcher, check that for errors, paste in paste2.org or something.
Console is Launcher Settings -> General Settings -> Show Console

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Ok done that, used the crash report and pasted it. Now what?
Provide the link to the paste you made; I can give it a quick look over and tell you if I spot anything obvious.

Geooo

Iron
Allocate more memory to the game; it ran out.
Launcher Settings -> Java Options -> Change the amount to something higher. Try to leave 1-2GB for your system.
If you can't add any while leaving that much, you can't use the pack, sorry.
My memory is already at 1GB in the java settings, and i don't see any other options other than lower memory

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
My memory is already at 1GB in the java settings, and i don't see any other options other than lower memory
Then you likely can't increase it .
Technic seems to only let me go up to 1GB less than my system's max, so you likely only have 2GB in your machine.

Unfortunately, this means that you cannot use the texture pack, at least with the modpack if not at all.

Geooo

Iron
Then you likely can't increase it .
Technic seems to only let me go up to 1GB less than my system's max, so you likely only have 2GB in your machine.

Unfortunately, this means that you cannot use the texture pack, at least with the modpack if not at all.
Will this be the case for any texture pack? I.E. the one kainzo is working on for the server?