• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Sense of Humor

Nightroado

Obsidian
This may come off a bit as a flame and if it does, I apologize, but that is not my intention.

But what's up with the lack of sense of humor lately?

It's starting to feel like I can't post anything on the forums that isn't strictly 'business.' I just want to be able to share funny moments I capture on the server without someone accusing me of harassment or being talked-down to and referred to as 'kid.' I am 26 years old. I am not a child by any means and do not deserve to be called such.

Don't get me wrong, I fell into a similar pothole myself once between myself and someone else on the server. But I did my best to talk it out in a private conversation, even if I failed utterly. I didn't call the persons names. I didn't claim harassment. I simply did my best to explain, apologized repeatedly, and in the end, I gave up and moved on.

I just want to be able to share something funny, we all laugh, and move on. I don't want to insult anyone. I don't want to harass anyone. I am not singling anyone out for ridicule. Something funny happened, I wanted to share it. That's all.

Do we really want to play on a server where each attempt made to laugh together is shut down and turned into an argument? I don't.

And I know only a handful of people do this so please forgive me if you do not fit into this category.

Just because we fight each other on the server out of a sense of competition for fun doesn't mean we can't be civil to one another outside or inside the game. It's a game. It's suppose to be fun. So let's have fun together. ;)

I see your point. Most of the conversations on Hercraft are mostly about important things needed to be succesful in Herocraft. I agree with you, we all have to lighten up a little and share a laugh instead of being all serious all the time.
It can really change the whole attitude of the server.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
That two hour-ish argument about op classes and just flaming in general that I think you're refering to was the first time I left O chat. That got pretty pathetic quickly.
I can't stand it. I just can't stand it! I don't think that there are that many op classes. Just skill has a lot to do with it -.-

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I feel like there's been a lot of hostility in chats lately- especially after the tournament. As to what's the root cause of it, I'm not sure... competition within HC is good, as is civilized debate regarding class balance, but too many times it's crossed a line and turned into something personal, and I can't stand it.

So much hate. We need to bring back /ch love.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I can understand being mean in game but I hate when people are mean in chat. Reminds me of mob arenas haha

Nightroado

Obsidian
I think people just get caught up in things. They get so focused that they forget it's a game and the whole point of connecting to herocraft in the first place is to have fun.

But that's not exactly a bad thing. They get so 'into' HC that it affects them emotionally. Which is kinda cool when you think about it.

When it comes to the fighting in the chats, I agree- though just for clarity's sake, the PVP is fine as is (though, maybe we could use less spawn camping. Just a thought.)
I have seen a lot of graveyard campers and they never go away until someone forces them too. If only there was something that restricted you from being to close to a graveyard for too long.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Reminds me of mob arenas haha
So many hostile memories of Mob Arenas. I remember how I once went into sewer MA to level Thief, and called for people who could play the MA too. In the end, it got full and there were still some high level people who wanted in to get their End Stone. So people started searching for the weakest and told me to fuck off from the Arena. Bullshit like that were people tell low levels to leave MA because they want to level instead of getting to high waves is one reason why its good that MAs were removed.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
This may come off a bit as a flame and if it does, I apologize, but that is not my intention.

But what's up with the lack of sense of humor lately?

It's starting to feel like I can't post anything on the forums that isn't strictly 'business.' I just want to be able to share funny moments I capture on the server without someone accusing me of harassment or being talked-down to and referred to as 'kid.' I am 26 years old. I am not a child by any means and do not deserve to be called such.

Don't get me wrong, I fell into a similar pothole myself once between myself and someone else on the server. But I did my best to talk it out in a private conversation, even if I failed utterly. I didn't call the persons names. I didn't claim harassment. I simply did my best to explain, apologized repeatedly, and in the end, I gave up and moved on.

I just want to be able to share something funny, we all laugh, and move on. I don't want to insult anyone. I don't want to harass anyone. I am not singling anyone out for ridicule. Something funny happened, I wanted to share it. That's all.

Do we really want to play on a server where each attempt made to laugh together is shut down and turned into an argument? I don't.

And I know only a handful of people do this so please forgive me if you do not fit into this category.

Just because we fight each other on the server out of a sense of competition for fun doesn't mean we can't be civil to one another outside or inside the game. It's a game. It's suppose to be fun. So let's have fun together. ;)
For game's sake and lore sake, I take a lot serious, not to mention I hate glory hogs who post around and have fifty threads active when I don't even recognize their face. Though I do realize its just a game, I feel many others do not, I would share examples, but I'm sure the people getting angry in O chat are enough proof.

Though I want to say this to everyone: Its a game, but because its a game should we not deal with it seriously? Where is the fun in goofing off 24/7? While in game I think we are free to act as we wish (Within the rules of course) however it would be nice to sit back and not have in game hate turn into full fledged plane tickets.

Nightroado

Obsidian
For game's sake and lore sake, I take a lot serious, not to mention I hate glory hogs who post around and have fifty threads active when I don't even recognize their face. Though I do realize its just a game, I feel many others do not, I would share examples, but I'm sure the people getting angry in O chat are enough proof.

Though I want to say this to everyone: Its a game, but because its a game should we not deal with it seriously? Where is the fun in goofing off 24/7? While in game I think we are free to act as we wish (Within the rules of course) however it would be nice to sit back and not have in game hate turn into full fledged plane tickets.

There's nothing wrong with taking a game seriously and getting into it. I know I love to get all "try hard." But there are times that is inappropriate, particularly when you aim that focus at players instead of the game.

I'm not saying everyone should take it casually, just keep in mind it is a game and the point is to have fun. Just like anything in life, there's a balance to be had. And at the time of this thread's creation, it sure felt like things were too serious for me to enjoy myself.

I see now it's mostly just a couple people that spoil the majority of the fun, but at times I considered quitting because of it. Even now I hesitate to go donor because every time I think "Okay, things are good enough to commit," something else happens.

I say all this without targeting anyone specifically.

It's just a game, lighten up.

A

alexhoff1

I say we should get rid of all the people who just play to be mean, if that's what you're getting at here :L

No seriously, if anyone is being mean it's probably victim (omg I commited name calling!!) which is kindof funny since he said he wouldn't mention any names... hehe.