• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Seeking Denizen/Citizen Quest writers

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Alright @lhatchy1, HINT does not give people a hint like what you thought, it is used for telling the player what options he has for the chat trigger. 'HINT' tells them the entire sentence. 'HINT short' tells them just the trigger (such as yes or no)

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
Okay this is the second time writing this but I was thinking about a quest for a really long time one before quests were even created but basically the simple break down of it is It will be a treasure hunt. Npcs will give you books with riddles on them that will lead you to the next riddle or hint. Ultimately after much hints and riddles you finally get to this secretive place that gives you TONS of treasure. Once one person completes it the quest is over and a new treasure hunt could be made. I could help write it but I think that it will be much different from the generic quest so I think I will need some help.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
Once made over 50 quests with this plugin on a server I used to administrate, pm me if you need any help. The majority of them were quests where you went and fetched something, but I also have experience with quests that you must kill mobs and such.

Aidan_Naut

Gold
I am willing to learn and write. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Are Chain Quests doable?
2. Is there a possibility of scripted events? (for example, an evil npc turning into a zombie you have to kill)
3. Will it be possible to set quests in player created towns?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I am willing to learn and write. I have a couple of questions though.
1. Yes
2. Sort of. You can make the NPC spawn a mob, then teleport to another location for a period of time.
3. Yes but we're not doing it.

Lunar_izy

Legacy Supporter 4
Ya I'd be willing to work on this a bit I've been meaning to teach myself some simple coding and I guess this is where I start

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Once made over 50 quests with this plugin on a server I used to administrate, pm me if you need any help. The majority of them were quests where you went and fetched something, but I also have experience with quests that you must kill mobs and such.
Feel free to get with Orange / Danda about this :) We'd love the help.

ReedME

Legacy Supporter 8
I understand the technical side really well, have experimented a bit with the same plugin on my own personal server, would love to give something back and I generally have some really good ideas as far as quests and whatnot go. !

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
Where could I learn about this quest coding? I would like to write quests, but I know nothing about technical stuff and coding :/

agentjwall

Godly
I'd be willing to lend a hand if you need me. It appears that you have plenty of volunteers but PM me if you need any additional writers...

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I'd be willing to lend a hand if you need me. It appears that you have plenty of volunteers but PM me if you need any additional writers...
We need all the help we can get at the moment.

Guys once you've written quests and you feel happy with it sent it to me with a link to a pastie or something and I'll comb through it and pass on advice etc and what I think of it.

ReedME

Legacy Supporter 8
We need all the help we can get at the moment.

Guys once you've written quests and you feel happy with it sent it to me with a link to a pastie or something and I'll comb through it and pass on advice etc and what I think of it.

Are we talking quests in general or is there a specific purpose for the quests?

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Are we talking quests in general or is there a specific purpose for the quests?
At the moment anything we'll be continuing to design and release quests after release but we need some basic ones for the start of the map. Try to keep away from requiring specific buildings when designing quests at the moment as we don't currently have the time to build them.

Guys give me ideas. I'm running out.
maybe something like "help a citizen build a house quest". Citizen asks for two wooden doors, a bed, some stairs, slabs, glass panes, and other things used to build a house. Then you can get rewarded XP for profession.