• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

"Scribe or LoreKeeper" class idea (via bookworm plugin)

If this class were available would you be interested in playing it?

• Yes

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Perhaps if the wind blew from the East.

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

grimlar

Legacy Supporter 4
Preface: I see we are using some form of this already because when I punch a bookshelf it does not allow me to "read". so I know youre familiar with the plugin.

Idea: I think for the RP'rs out there having a "scribe" or "lore keeper" class added to the crafter classes would be cool.This way a town could have a "keeper of the lore" or "records", libraries would pop up everywhere because yes we are that nerdy.

As for the abilities of the class (posible ideas):
Overgrowth- wood is needed for bookshelves etc.
Craft Paper?- The ability to spawn a sheet of paper every 20 min or so... = 1 book per hour
Ink?- The ability to spawn different color dyes (obviously in game this would have nothing to do with writing books but it would give the class a helpful ability to their town. Im not sure how to execute this.)
Chest shop- only enable books, paper and bookshelves to be sold by this class. this way an author can sell his books.

Potential Problem: Ive worked with bookworm on a server before and I dont know if there is a way to make books read by all but only crafted by some. I also understand this would be a huge logistical undertaking but I think people would be interested.

Umm... just because the programmers are supposedly familiar with the bookworm plugin, doesn't mean the rest of us are. Could you give us a TL;DR for what the Bookworm plugin is/does?