• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Sarelth - Ban Appeal

Sarelth

Legacy Supporter 7
IGN: Sarelth
Banned by?: Sheddi
Time of ban: 9pm mt (-7gmt) ish
Reason for ban: xray
Your story: Not sure what happened. I was mining, and was getting a lot of block lag. I picked a direction and started mining after following a path I had made prior. Suddenly I got a banned message. I got into TS3 to ask about it and was told I was using xray and they banned me from there also.
I have never used xray. Why would I want to be banned from the server?

Just finished watching Sheddi's vid. Other than maybe the times when I dig straight down and find stuff, I am not sure how that proves I was using xray, which I still swear I was not using.

I am sorry that things turned out this way. Loved the Server and wanted to see how things would turn out as time went by. If I get accepted back into the server I will try to mine more like all the other drones that just go in straight lines, so as not to offend people.

In my own defense, I have 2 young children that distract me a lot, so I tend to mine in erractic patterns, as I am sure Sheddi can attest I am an avid AFKer, I go afk very frequently. When I return I often forget which way I was going and just head in a random direction. And coal happens to be very common, its hard not to find it.

If you so choose to re-allow me in the server thanks you and if you do not, also thank you, Either way it has been fun and I will miss the server.

I watch for my verdict, though I am sure I can already guess it.

Edit: To the light mod, good to know that its not allowed. I was sure it was on the allowed mod list, guess I was wrong about that. Was only suggesting it cause Sheddi's video was very hard to see anything. On my computer I can see fairly clearly in the dark, so I only put up torches occassionally, Though I do try to keep the area I am in lit up well enough to avoid monster spawns.

A definitive list of allowed mods would be a very good thing, I know there are some useful ones out there that may be allowed, while others are in a grey area.

Edit- Awesome and thanks. Removed all non-allowed mods. See you in game some time.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Edit: On a side note Sheddi, you should get the client side light mod so you can see in dark places better for your videos, very hard to see what I was mining in a few places. And what texture pack are you using, if I may ask?
This mod is illegal on Herocraft even for Mods.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
I boost my gamma on my monitor while following people, then add levels filter to make it visible in videos. Appeal is being reviewed right now.

lucky644

Legacy Supporter 4
I've reversed your original ban, and changed it to a ban due to illegal light modding. That ban time is for 'time spent' meaning you're unbanned now.

Keep away from illegal mods to your client.