• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Samurai's Iron Helmet

Do you Agree or Disagree?

• Total voters

Narvon

TNT
Judging from the history of the Real life Samurai, I think it would be more accurate for the Samurai class to be able to wear an iron helmet, in addition to the current armor.
The reason being that a Real life Samurai's armor was strong metal boots, layered leather, and a heavy metal helm. The layered leather was made in such a way that most fighters of the time would agree that the layered leather was strong enough to be better than normal leather tunics, while yet still light enough that it isn't a heavy burden like most metal armor of the time. That is why it is very accurate for the Samurai class to wear chain body and legs and iron boots.
However the iron helm would be more accurate historically than just a chain helm. This is because the Samurai's Helm in real life was extremely heavy considering the lighter layered leather they wore. These helms were made of hard metal and not layered leather. This helm was also used as an intimidation weapon, The Helms would have a scary mask of a man strung around to cover the face.
That is why I think the Samurai class should be able to wear an iron helmet in addition to its current armor.

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
It would fit fine in the lore, but when it comes down to balance they don't need it. Samurais don't need any buffs.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Give them iron helmet and lower sword damage by 10 anyone? Would make them more of a warrior and less of a rogue (Less DPS, more tank)

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Give them iron helmet and lower sword damage by 10 anyone? Would make them more of a warrior and less of a rogue (Less DPS, more tank)

I think the numbers may have to be tweaked but I like the idea. :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Honestly, I want to give each Warrior specialization one piece of Diamond armor (not two)
Balance issues do arise from this though.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Honestly, I want to give each Warrior specialization one piece of Diamond armor (not two)
Hmm yeah, samurais with dia boots and 10-15 less damage could work, but i'd rather see samurai with 2 pieces of iron and with less damage.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
This wouldn't really change Dragoon, would it? For the other classes: Paladins could have a little more health and a diamond chestplate only (they have chest and legs right now, right?), Dreadknights, well, I don't know much about them, so I'll leave them be for now, and Samurai could have less damage, diamond boots, and an iron helm, all of these including armor they already have.

Narvon

TNT
Like I said I'm thinking only of the history of samurai. Maybe since some people think samurai needs less damage and more tank it could have diamond helm and less damage. Either an iron helm or diamond helm it should definitely be helm rather than boots because of the lore.