• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Samurai Mobility

BulkPhase

Obsidian
On the previous map Zeal, Samurai's had a lot more mobility then they do on the current map and I was wondering if there was any way Samurai's could get another mobile move worked in? Currently Ninja's have a movement skill "one" which increases their running speed for 15 seconds. I was wondering is there any chance at Samurai's getting a movement buff skill or something similar to that?

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Wasn't 'One' originally a samurai skill, back when it didn't work? I don't see a problem with implementing it with Samurais. But then again, I don't exactly know how Samurais stand on the balanced scale.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes, this would make Samurai a more interesting and fun class to play. I find it hard to get closer then 20 blocks from a caster, since he can run as fast as i can and can fire fireballs that halts me.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
i was dissapointed to see 'one' which was originally a samurai ability transferred to ninjas and nothing put in to replace it for samurai's. I can defiantly see that need for added mobility to this spec, as in general it is pretty lack luster.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
• lunge: you lunge at the target, if within 5 block of the caster, the samurai will teleported to and stun target. If not within 5 block, but inside 25, doubles to triples movement speed for 5secs.

Alternative to one, kinda like a charge but with less range. Tell me what you think :D

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4
Giving samurai "one" would make them ninjas that could wear more armor. I'm a master ninja and I hated it, both classes need buffs. Right now, it's pretty clear that casters are 'the class to be'.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Giving samurai "one" would make them ninjas that could wear more armor. I'm a master ninja and I hated it, both classes need buffs. Right now, it's pretty clear that casters are 'the class to be'.
I don't see the reason to go Ninja, since Thief got the same damage. Samurai got good damage, but their armor make them suck against other warrior specs. Samurais get raped by Caster spec. Adding Quicken for a higher MP then Bards may balance them. There is no way to kill a Caster spec as Samurai unless you're lucky.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't see the reason to go Ninja, since Thief got the same damage. Samurai got good damage, but their armor make them suck against other warrior specs. Samurais get raped by Caster spec. Adding Quicken for a higher MP then Bards may balance them. There is no way to kill a Caster spec as Samurai unless you're lucky.
@victim130 seemed to say otherwise I think

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4
Just something else to consider, when I was master ninja and used 'one', 25% faster really didn't do to much. It makes you look like you're running fast cause of FOV, but when I run next to someone and use 'one' I ...slowly... pull ahead. Why not just roll with a bard and get 'one' every 10secs (whatever the cd is).

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Samurai's have three combos they can do, one being the Inversion/bleed combo or vise versa. Its a 50-50 chance to kill a caster if pulled off right. Thing is we also rely on basic hits to help our DoT's, but were kinda underpowered at this point. With the new potions being in, I find swiftness pots make me fucking badass, but I don't think I should have to rely on potions :/

EDIT: Our armor is fine, but if we don't go Alcy were stuck to rely on others :(