• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug Samurai Bows

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
I had switched to Samurai last night after I had mastered Disciple. I was going around and killing mobs and I noticed that when I killed a skeleton, it dropped a bow. When I moved it to my hotbar and scrolled through my hotbar, I noticed that there was no "You are not trained to use a Bow." So I grabbed some arrows and tested if I could shoot arrows, and I could shoot arrows. Im not sure if this is intentional or a glitch, but as a Samurai I can shoot arrows and use a bow.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
I just heard from a few samurais that they could also use their bows too, and I've been using my bow for an hour now and yes I did hit something, yet I still can use it..

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Hmm I think ill be trying out samurai with this change. Hopefully it doesn't get removed

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Trust me the bows work really well as a samurai and it's not OP. They do low enough damage just to disrupt the target so your can get your sword out. It's a good move to add bows to other classes. Good job Kainzo. And Shadowall, samurai is a very balanced class.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I think empowering people is important with Heroes. We will have a strong indicator with which weapons to use but we dont want to pigeon hole the entire game just to make one class feel special. Rangers, by far, have the edge on bow/arrows. Now the market for bows/arrows has just gone up and I think everyone will enjoy this change.

Acherous

Legacy Supporter 9
Trust me the bows work really well as a samurai and it's not OP. They do low enough damage just to disrupt the target so your can get your sword out. It's a good move to add bows to other classes. Good job Kainzo. And Shadowall, samurai is a very balanced class.
Never said it OP. My reasoning for switching to samurai with this is that i've always wanted to be a warrior spec with some sort of long range weapon like this. I've considered going ranger many times in the past but i knew I would be terrible at it. I see samurai as a good class for me with this. I do not think it makes it OP in anyway.

@Kainzo how much damage will a samurai's bow do?

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
Never said it OP. My reasoning for switching to samurai with this is that i've always wanted to be a warrior spec with some sort of long range weapon like this. I've considered going ranger many times in the past but i knew I would be terrible at it. I see samurai as a good class for me with this. I do not think it makes it OP in anyway.

@Kainzo how much damage will a samurai's bow do?
Never said you were saying it was OP. I was stating that it's not in response to people saying its OP. And horaay for lore! I've been waiting for some type of range in the samurai class.