• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Runeblades...

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
So, I know that this has been said by a lot of different people, in a lot of different places. But I am very confused as to why Runeblade has only 810 health. I do not think that Runeblade should have less armour, and less health than bards. I think that if Runeblades are going to permanently have this health, they should have more armour. (When I say they need more health, I am thinking around 880-900 hp.)

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
they are half-caster bro... with their armor currently, they are already better than other casters defense/health wise

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
they are half-caster bro... with their armor currently, they are already better than other casters defense/health wise
If anything, they are 25% caster. They are a rogue spec, with magic like abilities. The only caster skill they have is firewave. Also, not mention they have the same armour as a pyro, about the same melee damage, and around the same health. Right now, runeblade is the most underused class, due to the low hp.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
If anything, they are 25% caster. They are a rogue spec, with magic like abilities. The only caster skill they have is firewave. Also, not mention they have the same armour as a pyro, about the same melee damage, and around the same health. Right now, runeblade is the most underused class, due to the low hp.
pyro has same HP as runeblade, and they are mostly melee, so should they get more health too?

cschris54321

Soulsand
If you are going to buff runeblades buff the damage not the health. Otherwise your changing the class.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Runeblades aren't really meant to be "high damage low health squishy killers" they are just rogues who have the ability to enchant their blade. Their role hasn't been set in stone as of yet and I feel like it makes sense to give them some more defense.

Also pyro is a melee class that has great potential to kite/play as ranged whereas runeblade is forced into meleeing always.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Also pyro is a melee class that has great potential to kite/play as ranged whereas runeblade is forced into meleeing always.
no, pyro doesnt have great potential to kite... we have 2 skills that are ranged, 3 if u want to count firewave, but not really. 1 of those skills is only 10 blocks, the other is fireball, which is a projectile. there's a reason our melee damage is higher than normal casters, and why we have a tp-to-target skill.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I look at runeblade and then i look at ninja, and i ask myself why with all the crap ninjas get would anyone go runeblade. Personally i feel some of the stuff from ninja should be given to runblades exclusively. Such as escape artist and confuse, if need be buff blackjack. The point is ninjas do everything a runeblade can do but better. I love the idea of runeblade but there is nothing that sets it apart.

Perhaps a rework is in order.

What if each variety of sword did something different for a runeblade, stone more defense, diamond slow, gold ignores armor you get the idea

if you use an ability requiring a diferent sword it cuts the prior swords buff short, partially overlapping the last. so the idea is to sword dance to change buffs and do dmg

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok, so I had never come across a runeblade until tonight and seriously, wtf is this firewave business? In theory looking at the wiki, the firewave skill is a cool skill that can deal good damage to a number of targets in a fight, but what happened to me seems like exploiting to me or just a really bad design. The guy who killed me will remain nameless since he was pretty cool about the whole thing in the chat and let me get my death chest. But essentially he killed me in about 3 seconds when I was a fully armored/healthed paladin. Hit me about 2 times with his sword or some other skill which probably did about 40% of my health, then got in close and activated firewave which apparently if he 'hugs' his target(his words), its pretty much a 1 shot kill because all of the fireballs that are supposed to go in several directions all land on the one person, which if my math from looking at the wiki is correct, is 20 fireballs from a max runeblade. I activated shield reflect before he did it and according to him got him instantly down to 1 heart, but I was dead so who fuckin cares. Not to even mention this thing only has a 10 second cooldown. The guy basically apologized to me for using the skill so I'm pretty sure even he thinks it's ridiculous. If this skill remains the same, I'm pretty sure the entire server will be runeblades shortly because being able to one shot kill guys in any way is completely silly. I was certain he was hacking when it happened, but after reading the wiki and receiving his explanation it's clear that this skill is far too exploitable.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8

Agreed... a skill designed for crowd control can be used to 1-shot anybody of their choosing as long as they're standing on the same block as their enemy while the skill is being casted. Imagine a capable wizard and runeblade teaming up to run a muck on the server. It all sounds disturbing to me.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
To add to this, it looks like Runeblades have a skill which allows them to slow their target. They don't really even need a Wizard as long as they slow a guy and then cast Firewave while being on the same block as them.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
i am confused about the skill toxic blade, it does the same damage (according to wiki) as envenom except that it has a few more ticks. envenom has a 3 second cd while tb has a 25 sec cd, which means that you can always have envenom up, where you cannot do the same with tb. Is Tb meant to be less effective than envenom? if so why is it a lvl 10 skill for runeblades?

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
Ok, so I had never come across a runeblade until tonight and seriously, wtf is this firewave business? In theory looking at the wiki, the firewave skill is a cool skill that can deal good damage to a number of targets in a fight, but what happened to me seems like exploiting to me or just a really bad design. The guy who killed me will remain nameless since he was pretty cool about the whole thing in the chat and let me get my death chest. But essentially he killed me in about 3 seconds when I was a fully armored/healthed paladin. Hit me about 2 times with his sword or some other skill which probably did about 40% of my health, then got in close and activated firewave which apparently if he 'hugs' his target(his words), its pretty much a 1 shot kill because all of the fireballs that are supposed to go in several directions all land on the one person, which if my math from looking at the wiki is correct, is 20 fireballs from a max runeblade. I activated shield reflect before he did it and according to him got him instantly down to 1 heart, but I was dead so who fuckin cares. Not to even mention this thing only has a 10 second cooldown. The guy basically apologized to me for using the skill so I'm pretty sure even he thinks it's ridiculous. If this skill remains the same, I'm pretty sure the entire server will be runeblades shortly because being able to one shot kill guys in any way is completely silly. I was certain he was hacking when it happened, but after reading the wiki and receiving his explanation it's clear that this skill is far too exploitable.
This is not an exploit or a hack, in fact it was a bug that was started to be used from last map when geomancers were out. Kainzo , is this still intended or is broken again?

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
In regards to firewave, if your getting one shotted you are probably doing something wrong. With a 2 second warmup and a break on damage (I belive it is a break on damage) it should be very easy for you to get 1 block away from the caster and not take the hit for every fireball.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
apparently its easy to see every warmup for every skill being used? also the warmup is 1.5 seconds i believe. also, when i play a class that can only deal damage from in close, its very difficult to avoid being one shotted. then accounting for lag when ill appear to be 1 or 2 blocks away, but still get 1 shotted. I just don't believe any skill should potentially be a 1 shot kill

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Runeblade is so hybrid at this point. It's 25% caster and 75% rogue. 50% CC/support, 50% damage output. To compensate for their weakness in 1v1s and even in group fights, a health boost by 10 or so and improved armor might be in order.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
Runeblade is so hybrid at this point. It's 25% caster and 75% rogue. 50% CC/support, 50% damage output. To compensate for their weakness in 1v1s and even in group fights, a health boost by 10 or so and improved armor might be in order.
845 hp, and chain helm is what I was thinking (helm with the already existing chain boots of course).