• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rule's need re evaluating !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3
So today on 13/01/12 at about 1AM (GMT) we were successfully over run by TC (fair play to them) untill the "Spawn Killing" started. My issue tho is the rules and the staff being aware of there rules. We had a bed in our region which was destroyed by an admin because it was our fault or something for having a bed in OUR region. There is nothing on the OFFICIAL rules stating we can not put a bed in our region but there is a rule in the prohibited section under "1.2.5 - Spawn killing" There for the bed should have never been destroyed and the people spawn killing should have been dealt with.

I love this server to bits but rules can not be maid up, especially during an invasion it ruin's the pvp experience. The only rules anybody should be following are the ones written on the forums not ones that are being made up verbally in game.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
1.2.5 Spawn killing.
1.2.5.1 This includes killing friends for xp.​
No where in the rules does it say you can't break your own bed to stop the cycle of death. In fact, that's exactly what must be done to stop it - You have the power to stop - why just die over and over again?​
You force the attackers/offense to kill you over and over again because the bed is placed in a regioned area where they CANT break it. Be smarter, hide your bed, make a room - LOCK room with LWC, if you can afford a township region - you can afford a 250-350c priced door lock for your spawn room.​

atvrider312

Glowstone
kainzo is right it that we could break the bed to end the cycle, but if thats the case why is the rule their if it can be solved by a player and not an admin/mod. just wondering....

Dasoren

A frightening Cactus!
WHAT? so it is our falt for having a bed, and we are at falt for letting our selfs be killed? becouse we have a bed? what? I thought the rule was
" 1.2.5 Spawn killing. "
does that mean if i spawn then they are not to kill me over and over?
i am sorry but this is not making sence to me, could you please explain what and how this rule is to be used?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here's a fix - I remove all bed spawns, win! (this exact scenario is why I had them disabled at the start of the map - they cause nothing but trouble)

Delta788

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
Max Legacy Supporter
For the record Kainzo i was in the Room that was blocked up that NO ONE could get in not even my own towns people. But other than that i do agree with you yes other than the fact the the current rules state that it is Illegal you can not just make up rules on the go and not let anyone know about them or not annoce them.
the only way they were killing me is with Pulse THOUGH the wall.

DanVonTrap

Legacy Supporter 3

No where in the rules does it say you can't break your own bed to stop the cycle of death. In fact, that's exactly what must be done to stop it - You have the power to stop - why just die over and over again?​
You force the attackers/offense to kill you over and over again because the bed is placed in a regioned area where they CANT break it. Be smarter, hide your bed, make a room - LOCK room with LWC, if you can afford a township region - you can afford a 250-350c priced door lock for your spawn room.​

But kainzo if our invaders can mark our base with recall and keep coming back with fresh supplies over and over again and we cant get back without trekking half way across the map with nothing on us just for them to be waiting for us to kill us again over and over again, they may as well be spawn camping us.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
it was bed camping, which is illegal by the rules, and if the rules said "Bed camping in regions is legal, considering the player can break his own bed to escape" then that would be fine. but it doesn't, so this IS covered by the rules, it's not a grey area (correcting myself) it just needs to be less vague of a rule.

c12095

Holy Shit!
it was bed camping, which is illegal by the rules, and if the rules said "Bed camping in regions is legal, considering the player can break his own bed to escape" then that would be fine. but it doesn't, so this IS covered by the rules, it's not a grey area (correcting myself) it just needs to be less vague of a rule.

Coming from Mr. No /killing it ruins the game. You did the same thing all day to protect your kill streak.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You have three choices when your respawn/bed is found:
  1. Say uncle and give up/give items
  2. Break your bed and regear/recall and fight them off
  3. Claim that its unfair that they have you at their mercy and call in for admins to intervene
I honestly hate raiding - I hate bed camping, I hate when players don't fuck off when I'm building.
I'm impartial here, I'm the third party.
Official bed spawning/camping is if the player CANNOT break the bed because they are physically unable (aka a guest in a regioned area that is being CHAIN killed and they cant 1) Recall 2) break the bed 3) or stop the cycle
In all of these events you knowingly had the ability to die and go back to spawn, buy redstone, recall and restock gear to fight off the waves of attacks.
Do I think in this case you were out numbered / fucked from the start? Probably - but thats not my concern and I wish more ANTI-RAID/PK guilds would start up instead of whine about how "unfair" everything is for them and how much I hate the player base :)

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Does it matter who gets the 100 killsteak title... let the best man get it.

you lost it during a raid on us. Thats your fault. Theres no gain from you guys being at Erebos. Like it was said before that is harrasment

c12095

Holy Shit!
I valued my kill streak and lost it @look_out and of all things, to fist. I could have easily /killed. But thats just being a dick who is abusing the system. Kainzo said he had to fix that, so clearly it is an unwanted effect of /kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.