• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT [RULE CHANGE] - Town Region moving halted after 15th

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
There has been a major issue with mass abandonment of townships due to allowing town regions to be reclaimed in new areas. Because of this there is a lack of pristine land for brand new towns to start on. In order to combat the litter of abandoned and half finished towns, we are now disallowing moving towns permanently after the 15th of this month. From the 15th onward, all sales of townships are still allowed, however the region may not move.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I think simply having an Admin clean up day for all the dead towns would be great. There are way too many ruins throughout the world

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
I think simply having an Admin clean up day for all the dead towns would be great. There are way too many ruins throughout the world
That's an unbelievable amount of work and it causes the server to lag if we don't break it up into tiny chunks, also //regen doesn't even work correctly and can lead to corrupted chunks. When we used to remove old towns it could take up to an hour per town. Ain't nobody got time for that.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
That's an unbelievable amount of work and it causes the server to lag if we don't break it up into tiny chunks, also //regen doesn't even work correctly and can lead to corrupted chunks. When we used to remove old towns it could take up to an hour per town. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Hire a griefing squad.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter

I got time, I'll do eeettt! ^_^

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
i actually like all the old dead town ruins, random houses and other stuff. GIVES CHARACTER.

D

Dennis69911a

Many People if given the power to destroy the towns would gladly tear em' down and collect the objects from it. In a way a "legal" grief site.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Eh I cant picture the lag to be much worse then it already is and infact that probably will clear some of it up (Just speculating there) but yeah the issue is that is a ton of work.

greatman321

Retired Staff
Eh I cant picture the lag to be much worse then it already is and infact that probably will clear some of it up (Just speculating there) but yeah the issue is that is a ton of work.
The lag is mostly caused by Heroes & Entities at this moment. Hopefully the changes I did this weekend will help remove a huge chunk of it.