• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Rule Change] Greifing

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
I do not see a road falling under this criteria. It does not reduce accessibility, nor does it block a view.

So by your suggestion, a road should be exempt from this "rule" change?
I am trying not to be in this argument. However, you brought up roads. For example, if player A has a wonderful view of mountains/plains/etc. from his window a block off of the ground, and player B makes a road from point A to point B a block off of the ground a few blocks away from the window, that would block the view. If a road blocks off a waterfall that a player often uses to climb up a mountain to his house, it would reduce accessibility. It would be hard for a road to fit this criteria, yes, but not impossible.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
They must be allowed to remove it by the town, else-wise they are exempt from their responsibility to remove the pillar.
A problem I have seen with this in the past is that players will "come to remove a pillar" then attack town members and claim that they were killed thus they don't need to remove the pillar anymore. This can't always be proven and can boil down to a huge he said she said argument.

donaldmax1

Soulsand
Idea time! How about a command for all whitelisted players that rolls back dirt and cobble stone structures in the last 30 min or more or less. Also you must be in 100 block range to use the command on the dirt/cobblestone structure.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
A problem I have seen with this in the past is that players will "come to remove a pillar" then attack town members and claim that they were killed thus they don't need to remove the pillar anymore. This can't always be proven and can boil down to a huge he said she said argument.
There's no easy way to go about this that one party or the other can't try to exploit. If they have to remove it no matter what, the town can just keep killing them until they give up and then put in a PE. If they don't have to remove it, then people will just spam pillars around towns claiming they were just trying to get in.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I think I remember a saying from zeal..
Wasn't is: "fraps it or it didn't happened"?

I know that this is not a good solution and it's really annoying, but for reasons like that do I always got recording software ready in background.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I think I remember a saying from zeal..
Wasn't is: "fraps it or it didn't happened"?

I know that this is not a good solution and it's really annoying, but for reasons like that do I always got recording software ready in background.

Unfortunately not everyone has te recording space nor money to blow on a shitty recording software such as fraps...

That's why I pirated it.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
Having land proportional to the structure should be in. Let's say, a 15x15 house gets 15 blocks of land,. If H=House, and L=Land, the we can come up with decent area for larger structures. L=H*0.75 if H is greater the or equal to 30. this would give a 100x100 castle 75 blocks of land. I think this is a reasonable amount of land to structure size ratio. I was thinking of making it 1/2 but that didn't seem like enough to me.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
Tip: Use dxtory instead of fraps, way better frame rate. (Harder to configure though)

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Unfortunately not everyone has te recording space nor money to blow on a shitty recording software such as fraps...

That's why I pirated it.
Since when did you need either a legal or pro-verson of a recording software to prove someone is doing something illegal?

And the software itself don't take up much space, what takes space is raw film (not compiled), but you don't need to keep those for the next year..

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Since when did you need either a legal or pro-verson of a recording software to prove someone is doing something illegal?

And the software itself don't take up much space, what takes space is raw film (not compiled), but you don't need to keep those for the next year..
Why would you even need recording software? You can record it from a phone or something like that!