• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion RPG Gods

So, I just got this amazing idea: gods in HeroCraft. There would be different gods. Each god had a main temple which acts like a graveyard, except you don't respawn there, you just can be safe and pray. But, a class (don't know what yet) can create alters. I'm thinking with a sign or something.
Praying works like this: the player clicks on the praying alter block. It takes maybe 1 minute of non-stop standing still. Praying can be done once every maybe 5 hours? Praying along with other deeds for your god with result in more points in your hero.
Points work like this: you pray, sacrifice an item, ect, and you will receive points. Points will add up on your hero. Points won't buy you anything, they just signify how much your god likes you. If you have not so many points, your god won't like you as much and won't maybe give you an item, or might not help you in any way. Now, if you pray often and sacrifice lots of items, your god will surely love you! You will have a much greater chance of receiving help or an item from your god!
Gods will help players in different ways: they can maybe cast down a magical item, or maybe, if you are being attacked, he will cast down a distraction for your enemy (wolf, monster, ect).
Players will also be added in this: let's say you kill a player that worships a god your god dislikes: he will like that! You will earn points. This will make PVP much more interesting!
For the god ideas, I have a few ideas, but no names:
-Fire God
-Water God
-Hell God
-Nature God
Now, items you receive from a god MUST be related to it's power! Let's say you sacrifice three diamonds to the Fire God. You might receive an iron sword with fire aspect! Let's say you sacrifice two iron blocks to the Hell God. He might give you a Hell Hound(I will describe later). All items you sacrifice will add to a percent which will make the odds of getting a good item better.
I was thinking of like pets that last maybe five minutes. They would act and do what the god does. Let's say you are being attacked. Your god might summon a pet you attack or distract the enemy while you attack him or her or while you run away.
I do realize this would be huge to add, but overall, this would honestly bring so much more light to this server and to the RPG part of the game.
Hint: This could fill the last page in the hero book for each player! God info!!!

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
So, I just got this amazing idea: gods in HeroCraft. There would be different gods. Each god had a main temple which acts like a graveyard, except you don't respawn there, you just can be safe and pray. But, a class (don't know what yet) can create alters. I'm thinking with a sign or something.
Praying works like this: the player clicks on the praying alter block. It takes maybe 1 minute of non-stop standing still. Praying can be done once every maybe 5 hours? Praying along with other deeds for your god with result in more points in your hero.
Points work like this: you pray, sacrifice an item, ect, and you will receive points. Points will add up on your hero. Points won't buy you anything, they just signify how much your god likes you. If you have not so many points, your god won't like you as much and won't maybe give you an item, or might not help you in any way. Now, if you pray often and sacrifice lots of items, your god will surely love you! You will have a much greater chance of receiving help or an item from your god!
Gods will help players in different ways: they can maybe cast down a magical item, or maybe, if you are being attacked, he will cast down a distraction for your enemy (wolf, monster, ect).
Players will also be added in this: let's say you kill a player that worships a god your god dislikes: he will like that! You will earn points. This will make PVP much more interesting!
-Fire God
-Water God
-Hell God
-Nature God
Now, items you receive from a god MUST be related to it's power! Let's say you sacrifice three diamonds to the Fire God. You might receive an iron sword with fire aspect! Let's say you sacrifice two iron blocks to the Hell God. He might give you a Hell Hound(I will describe later). All items you sacrifice will add to a percent which will make the odds of getting a good item better.
I was thinking of like pets that last maybe five minutes. They would act and do what the god does. Let's say you are being attacked. Your god might summon a pet you attack or distract the enemy while you attack him or her or while you run away.
I do realize this would be huge to add, but overall, this would honestly bring so much more light to this server and to the RPG part of the game.
Hint: This could fill the last page in the hero book for each player! God info!!!
I think at one point there was a plugin sorta like this, or a more basic version but i think it is out of date last time i checked.

But i do like the idea, i run an RP/Religion guild and we are trying to create a cool religion while still trying to tie into official herocraft lore.

I think at one point there was a plugin sorta like this, or a more basic version but i think it is out of date last time i checked.

But i do like the idea, i run an RP/Religion guild and we are trying to create a cool religion while still trying to tie into official herocraft lore.
Yeah, but this could make it possible for more quests and more lore stories.

askmax

Legacy Supporter 4
Rofl, this is not your idea. This has been done on other servers at least plugins similar to this. Also why would you get rid of items to get new ones in return? Sounds like a waste of time to me.

Rofl, this is not your idea. This has been done on other servers at least plugins similar to this. Also why would you get rid of items to get new ones in return? Sounds like a waste of time to me.
1. HeroCraft would be enhanced with this, and it could lead to better lore, quests, and gameplay.
2. As I mentioned, you would receive the points along with the item. I said that you would receive points when you did something good, but, if your god likes you, he will give you an item. But in all, you're sacrificing the items for the points.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
-Fire God
-Water God
-Hell God
-Nature God
If you really wanna go with names, you can go with greek myth like water for poseidon, nature for Pan, hell for hades and such, or go with roman ones like neptune and stuff.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Can I choose Odin? Patron god of the Berserkers? :p
Odin. Ruler of the Gods. God of War, Wisdom, Death, Peotry and Magic. The God who sacrificed honour for wisdom.

He wasn't the only God of all the things listed though. Norrøn Gods often shared areas of expertise with each other Ex: Tyr is also the God of War.

On a different note, I really like the idea of sacrifical to Gods that can at random give you ''buffs'' depending on how much they like you.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Odin. Ruler of the Gods. God of War, Wisdom, Death, Peotry and Magic. The God who sacrificed honour for wisdom.

He wasn't the only God of all the things listed though. Norrøn Gods often shared areas of expertise with each other Ex: Tyr is also the God of War.

On a different note, I really like the idea of sacrifical to Gods that can at random give you ''buffs'' depending on how much they like you.
Tyr was mainly a god of JUSTICE! Freya is practically everything :p Can I have Fenrir?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Tyr was mainly a god of JUSTICE! Freya is practically everything :p Can I have Fenrir?
Tyr was also a God for Courage and Bravery, so as I said earlier: A God can have different traits/responsibilities :p

Fenrir as in Fenrisulven? Well he is going to kill Odin during Ragnarok and he took Tyr's hand, so I would go easy on him.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Tyr was also a God for Courage and Bravery, so as I said earlier: A God can have different traits/responsibilities :p

Fenrir as in Fenrisulven? Well he is going to kill Odin during Ragnarok and he took Tyr's hand, so I would go easy on him.
All of Loki's children are crazy monsters :p

So you like this idea?