• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion RP Killing

f6776

Gold
I have noticed that walking around in Bastion that when you are mob hunting or just adventuring, that a random guy will fireball you in the back, without any warning, you are dead, blood pooling out of your body, seeing the last fleeting images of your killer taking your treasures as your vision fades to black. I would like to propose a more fun way to kill/die Rp killing/battling i have experienced this on a different server, and people post screenshots of the rp situations they have gotten into or the deaths, murders or battles. I to have experienced death in this way. RP killing/battling makes it easier for the person when they die, as to not permit Rage, and also gives them a chance to survive, or at least practice there RP skills. Normal battling is still at hand casting fireball or just stabbing, that is fine, but initiating the battle, that is what makes it fun, the RP to initiate a battle is what brings people into a funner more less rage prone mood. Take one o my Brothers battles for instance, he had a whole stack of bread and placed a trail of it throughout the city, just waiting for someone to come along an fall for his trap, and when there back was turned, he would emote *TheVirtuousMan flings his club down at the unsuspected traveler* and the guy would reply with RP, now mind you at the time, this guy meta gamed and said *hears his attacker and swings his sword at him, just in time to parry and attack* the guy was given a strike (warning, like 3 strikes and your off the server) for meta gaming, and my brother continued RPing with other people. But that was just an example. There are loads of creative RP battles that are to be had, just needs a creative mind, and a good RPer to initiate them. RP battles (Large-Scale) Like attacking an opposing faction or kingdom (which happen frequently, 100/100 battles) all caused from extensive RPing. RP killing/battling gives killing and murdering and battles more meaning and create more active, more mature players.

Please Comment, i would love to here comments back :)

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
The problem is this server is not a RP server, it is an RPG server...much like Final Fantasy. We do have some people who tend to RP but the majority do not.

Pampita

Legacy Supporter 3
Yea, lets make battles like pokemon, you find a random guy, attack him and you teleport to an arena, you have turns, while the turns you can use skills, when the guy you are fighting is low on HP you throw a pokeball and make him your slave, if he doesnt want to he gets banned! yay!

Sn0wBorn

Iron
This is a bad idea, here is why:
A master samurai is fighting a lvl 10 caster and the caster says "I swing my hoe at the samurai."
The samurai would say "I quickly dispatch of the caster with my sword" which is what would actually happen.
However, the caster gets angry at the samurai and the samurai gets a strike for meta gaming.

f6776

Gold
You see, you are wrong, because if a samurai could get that close, the caster wouldn't be able to swing his hoe, anyway, this was just a suggestion, even if we just did it in towns, like if you want to kill someone in the wild, then that is fine, but when you are in a town, RP come on, don't cause the other person to rage, because it gets annoying watching the WTF WHY DID YOU KILL ME!!! and so on etc etc.

f6776

Gold
In Response to Angyles, But combat is still not like it is in final fantasy, in final fantasy, you can't kill some random person walking through the woods, and if you could, they have a chance to defend themselves.