• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rogues need some love.

All the other classes have more abilities then rogue specs do. It also seems like there is one ability not working properly in ever spec of rogue so then they have even less to work with. I was just curious if anyone knew of any discussion of other rogue abilities coming soon or any specs that are getting more abilities. I am aware that its all a work in progress and that none of the classes are finished. I'm just curious why rogues are the last to be worked on. Also if people know anything about it that I don't.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
i think what needs work for the rogue class is there offense, they are supposed to have a strong offense and a weak defense but warriors have insane defense and offense. I think what rogues need is for warriors to lose some offensive pressure.

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah I agree, but I also think the ninja class should be able to scale walls and use the jump ability.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
jump could be cool, but i think what we need is an attack that does larger damage on swing, like harm touch

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
I think sam's and ninjas have enough going for them. Rangers are the crippled one with our stone swords and nearly useless bow and arrows. I know im probably biased because im a ranger

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
i have played ranger myself and i thought the class was in a good place when they could use iron swords, but once they got downgraded to stone i had to go back to ninja.

and ninjas may actually be were they need to be once the ninja star ability is finally working, will be nice to get a couple shots in at range from time to time.

Solidox

Coal
Try beastmaster out for size. We have one skill that works... about 1/3rd of the time and that is summon wolves. When its not working we are a glorified pre-spec rogue with a bow. Sure we can use iron swords but we can only wear leather.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
is there cap on the amount of wolves you can have yet? the other day i killed a beast master with like 15 wolves lol, only way i killed him was because i jumped on top of him from a balcony into the middle of his wolf pack. Twas a rather epic assassination in hind sight.

RedKhan

Soulsand
I think passive differences between the classes would go far, although I'm unsure how straight forward that would be to implement.

I'm unsure why Rogues should be more powerful, rogues should be sneaky and fast but not dps powerhouses. Maybe a way to poison your attacks to do damage over time. Run in, stab, run away, let the poison weaken your opponent, finish them off?

But I think Sneak is a pretty great skill.

Actually after some thought, I think PvP in general needs nerfed. Fighting is great and it sets this server apart from others, but it seems very dominant and it's not always the better/smarter player that wins, 2 hits from a diamond sword and you're dead, the element of surprise is pretty huge.

I'd say put less emphasis on PvP for now and toy with more interesting additions to the more constructive classes (Give crafters the ability to make pre-designed constructs?)

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
the poison would actually be really cool, maybe they could change around fire to somehow burn green on a poisoned target :p Defiantly a better solution then more burst i damage i would say.

and yes, sneak is an awesome skill, i hate when it lasts 15 seconds tho lol

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
THANK GOSH YOU TOLD ME!!! I was going to get ranger because the wiki said they could use iron swords. Now that I know they can't while ninjas use diamond swords, there's no way I won't be ninja. And I think ninjas should have more navigational abilities, because after all. They are ninjas. I mean, how awesome would it be to climb walls and jump really far/high during a raid? And the climbing thing would just be like the next wall u touch acts like a ladder. I don't think it would be that hard to code.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
the wall climb would prolly be to powerful unless it had a time restriction or something, being able to claim any wall would make city walls useless

RedKhan

Soulsand
Yeah, even if you nerfed ninja equipment they'd still be incredibly good, climbing anything would be an immensely powerful offensive/defensive tool. It would also make falling down pits or traps far easier to avoid.

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
THANK GOSH YOU TOLD ME!!! I was going to get ranger because the wiki said they could use iron swords. Now that I know they can't while ninjas use diamond swords, there's no way I won't be ninja. And I think ninjas should have more navigational abilities, because after all. They are ninjas. I mean, how awesome would it be to climb walls and jump really far/high during a raid? And the climbing thing would just be like the next wall u touch acts like a ladder. I don't think it would be that hard to code.

Every rogue spec has a better sword than the ranger, i dont understand why they must be ripped of the iron sword. Beastmasters get iron sword and bow. If im not mistaken Sams get diamond sword and a bow. Ninjas dont get a bow but they still have a diamond sword. Rangers are equal to crafters in fair pvp

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
No what I'm saying is, it has like a 60 second cool down before you can use it again. and think about this: ninjas are all skillz, so maybe 2-3 offensive abilities, then the rest navigational wouldn't be that improbable.

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
and it's not like you're letting warriors with full iron armor and iron swords climb the walls. Just a person with a diamond sword. I guess it kind of balances it out.

RedKhan

Soulsand
I think being able to climb over walls and run away from your opponents would put more than 60 seconds between you and them. If not, ninja's can still breach everytown in the game that doesnt have a roof :p

And diamond sword > Iron armour.

epicwin324

Legacy Supporter 3
Well I mean once you're in that mode, there would have to be like a 15-20 block up restriction until you just dropped. So as long as people made bigger city walls, there's no problem. Plus, it would be mainly used for climbing through windows left open or exposed balconies.