• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Residency Questions

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Okay, so I'm looking at Donor Residencies and trying to figure out exactly how they work, and I've got a few questions in that regard. I'm taking my information from the Wiki page on Supporters and Residencies as well as in-game /res commands.

So, according to the Supporter page in the Wiki, the different tiers offer residencies of different sizes, and there also is supposedly some cost associated with the residencies. Most of my questions have to do with this cost.

For one, the "Buy cost per block:"
Is this cost per block placed within the residency?
If a residency is moved, do you have to pay the cost again? (on this note, you CAN move them, yes? By just removing it and then setting it back up like normal?)
If a block within a residency is replaced, like changing a cobblestone block out for a wood plank, do you have to pay the cost again?
What constitutes as a block? Do chests, stairs, fences, etc count, or is it only solid blocks?

Next, the "Rent cost per block:"
I understand that this is a biweekly cost deducted from the "OWNER's bank" as said by the Wiki, and I guess I just wanted to clarify that this is simply subtracted from the owner's money as told by the /money command and not some hidden bank that I don't know about.

Another thing that I made an assumption on but might as well clarify while I'm here is the above costs are in in-game coins, and not actual $, yes? lol...

Finally, and this is more a question for WitchOnaRampage , In the Supporter Wiki page, under the "Rent cost per block" column, the value begins at 0.01 at tier3, progresses to 0.03 at tier4, but then goes down to 0.025 at tier5 and continues to decrease from that point. I was wondering if the first value of 0.01 was incorrect or if it actually increases in cost from tier 3 to tier 4 before starting to go down.

Anyhow, thanks for the help guys.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Heya XenZan

The buy and rental costs are on the size of the whole residence. Ie 10x10x10 = 1000 blocks.

As things stand, you don't get any refund if you take your residence down. So yes, if you want to set it up somewhere else, you'll need to pay the set up cost again.

Both set up and rental costs are ingame coin taken from your personal /money.

Let me know, please, if you have any more questions or if you think anything could be expressed more clearly in the wiki - I can make changes or you can too ;).

As for the inconsistency in buy and rent costs through the tiers :D, well, how interesting you noticed this!

Lol, Kainzo and Danda.

XenZan

Legacy Supporter 4
Okay, so you're saying that to set up a 10x10x10 residency (to actually create it via the commands), it costs 0.16*1000 (160 coins) at tier3? So it has nothing to do with which blocks or how many are actually in the residency, only the size of the residency you're creating? Similarly, at tier4, the same 10x10x10 residency would cost only 130 (based on the per block cost of 0.13), but by then you have the option of setting up a 15x15x15 (for somewhere around 430 coins). Am I getting this all right?

So at tier3, a 5x5x5 residency would be 125*0.16=20 coins?

And then the rent cost is calculated the same way, I presume, if I'm following properly.

As for the clarity of the wiki, once I make sure I understand more thoroughly, I can see if I can maybe clear it up on there. Also, I would be interested to see what Kainzo and/or Danda have to say about that inconsistency, lol ;D

As always, Witch, you're amazing. <3
Insta-response and always have the info I need :rolleyes:

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Okay, so you're saying that to set up a 10x10x10 residency (to actually create it via the commands), it costs 0.16*1000 (160 coins) at tier3? So it has nothing to do with which blocks or how many are actually in the residency, only the size of the residency you're creating? Similarly, at tier4, the same 10x10x10 residency would cost only 130 (based on the per block cost of 0.13), but by then you have the option of setting up a 15x15x15 (for somewhere around 430 coins). Am I getting this all right?

So at tier3, a 5x5x5 residency would be 125*0.16=20 coins?

And then the rent cost is calculated the same way, I presume, if I'm following properly.

Yes, this all fits with my understanding.