• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT Reset the Net - June 5th

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I know we don't usually push things about politics - but this affects everyone. Protect yourself out there.
https://www.resetthenet.org/
slider.png

Should I click the massive “Click Here” button?
Yes! We’ve put that on Herocraftonline.com today for a reason. Click it now, or read on for more information, then click it!

Why should I care?
The internet is a great thing, but the idea of companies operating closely with the government and giving away private data without consent is extremely worrying.

It’s a bit like someone accessing your Minecraft server, rummaging through your chests, and reading all your chat logs without you knowing, only potentially more damaging (hard to believe – I know).

Umm. I’m scared now.
There’s no need to be scared. But there is a way to protect yourself. That’s what the Reset The Net campaign is about. It’s a place where you can learn how to fight against a potentially sinister side of the internet. Visit Reset The Net or watch the video below for more information.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Am I the only one who believe that mass surveillance is a positive thing for us sure people have access to your information but it's not as if NSA etc.. are going to sit looking at ordinary people's info. Information as a whole can be used to prevent many possible hazards, in the past if countries had the knowledge of something going to happen or could scout out possible terrorists a lot of occurrences could have stopped. Overall I believe that preventing a terrorist attack is more important than hiding your dirty little secrets presuming that the information is used in a moral and ethical way ie. not selling consumer preferences to businesses. We all know that that the quaternary sector is the largest sector of business based in more developed countries so if we're making our info available why not allow it to be used to help others, I know that our info particularly doesn't make a difference but if the government had access to everyone's catching criminals would be so much easier.

I know what I've said is significantly bias towards my opinion and obviously people should have a right to protect their privacy but imo I believe information can be as a whole useful. This is too person of interest/watch doggy.
No one should have this much power or information without considerable need or cause. It is about your human rights.

Either way - this isn't really a debate post - it's just saying "hey if you care, protect yourself cause there are tools to do it"

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
No one should have this much power or information without considerable need or cause. It is about your human rights.

Either way - this isn't really a debate post - it's just saying "hey if you care, protect yourself cause there are tools to do it"
Sorry, I'll remove my post before I start something unwanted.

De_eggs

Stone
Basically what im doing is im usually on a proxy or vpn this helps but can be irritating

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I saw reset and thought map reset but it wasn't :(

alexhoff1

Gold
I know we don't usually push things about politics - but this affects everyone. Protect yourself out there.
https://www.resetthenet.org/
View attachment 9465

Should I click the massive “Click Here” button?
Yes! We’ve put that on Herocraftonline.com today for a reason. Click it now, or read on for more information, then click it!

Why should I care?
The internet is a great thing, but the idea of companies operating closely with the government and giving away private data without consent is extremely worrying.

It’s a bit like someone accessing your Minecraft server, rummaging through your chests, and reading all your chat logs without you knowing, only potentially more damaging (hard to believe – I know).

Umm. I’m scared now.
There’s no need to be scared. But there is a way to protect yourself. That’s what the Reset The Net campaign is about. It’s a place where you can learn how to fight against a potentially sinister side of the internet. Visit Reset The Net or watch the video below for more information.

"It’s a bit like someone accessing your Minecraft server, rummaging through your chests, and reading all your chat logs without you knowing, only potentially more damaging (hard to believe – I know)."

Pretty much.

It's a good thing that you're trying to get younger people involved in this.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Man some search results have been removed from google and I'm super super sad now :( I just want the internet to go back to like 5 years ago so I can look at potentially illegal images on my own :I

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
In all seriousness, its needed to get the word out. No one should have the fear of being watched. I mean skype sex with your wife away for work? Boom, you got 3 old guys spying in. (Ok I'm in a mood to be funny) but you get the idea.

lordfireix

Iron
actualy to tell everyone a true fact the internet was first made to be a weapon but then slowly turned into what is today

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Anyone who thinks the NSA spying is a good thing, research the history of the Gestapo