• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Request Change to Cauldron Recipe(s)

TheTXLibra

Legacy Supporter 8
I didn't discover this until after some experience with Cauldrons and then a player asked me to make Slimeballs. To make 2 Slimeballs you need:

4 Ice Blocks
4 Leaf Blocks

The ONLY way to get ice blocks legally is to Cauldron them.

To make 2 Ice Blocks, you need:
4 Buckets of Water (which cost 3 iron each)
4 Snow

You don't get the buckets back, by the way. So to make TWO slimeballs, it costs you 2*4*3 =24 iron ingots. I believe this is an unfortunate oversight on the part of the recipes author possibly not taking into account the fact you don't get your buckets back.

Therefore, I humbly request the recipes be adjusted. The most logical thing would be to lower the cost of ice, or just not require it to have buckets. Considering how useless slimeballs currently are, though in the future are required for making sticky pistons, and will probably be a spell component at some point, we don't want to make it too easy for sure, but the difficulty and expense in making them right now is far too steep.

I recommend for 3 Ice Blocks:
1 Bucket of Water (costs 3 iron each)
6 Snow

Then for 3 SlimeBalls
1 Ice Block
6 Leaf Blocks

That keeps the realistic cost of Ice to 1 iron ingot per block, making it more accessible as building material, and Slimeballs to 3 per iron ingot, making them at least nominally available for those who want them later.

Valalal

Legacy Supporter 6
I believe Kainzo mentioned at one point that slimeballs were planned to be used as a reagent for the group teleports that one or more of the classes will be getting, I imagine if this is to be the case then the current relatively exorbitant requirements to produce slimeballs are intentional. Heh, hope this isn't the case though... sticky pistons will be great fun =P

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
I just have to ask, does it automatically remove the buckets from your inventory when you create an ice block? Or how do you lose the buckets?

You don't place items, you throw them out of your inventory. To make ice, you throw four snowblocks and four buckets of water onto a block of glass above lava (all surrounded by smooth stone). You right click on the glass block, and the buckets/snow disappears and two ice blocks appear. Then you have to walk over them to pick them up.

s3nse

Legacy Supporter 4
When was that changed? Just a month ago it used to be placing the items

A

Alente1

It's something we're aware of.

Cauldrons are on my todo list for things to look at ingeneral really, some recipes are too hard and some are too easy especially under Falsebook.

Time and memory permitting I'll take care of it tomorrow (or today depending on your timezone I guess)