• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Reputation System

What is your hobby on Herocraft?

• To defend the weak and obliterate those who prey on them

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • To take the world as my own.

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Given the frequency of raider and thieves (my self included), It may be hard to keep track of who you can trust. Thus I came up with an idea for how to keep track of town's/guild's view of you or another In the shadow of the new township plugin.

This works in 2 levels, Leader (I should not need to explain this) and Collective (All in said town/guild).

On to checking the rep on Duke the Duke's opinion.

I suppose to view Leader, you type "/rep t Lumbridge leader LunarRay"

t would mean town. Lumbridge is the name of said town

Duke, who overheard LunarRay say to Hans "I'm going to kill everyone in the castle!" is the leader.

Getting the reference should not be hard folks. =D

the reponse would be "Bad reputation" (Hey, thats a song!) In red letters.

Green means good rep, white is neutral (on leader level means no opinion).

On to Collective...

"/rep g C.G. collective LunarRay"

g is guild, C.G. (Crafting Guild, who I am an sort of an enemy of) is the name (acronym) in the guild registry (we will get to that)

rep is attributed to 5% of voters that week. So lets say there were 50 voters.

20 (40%) like me. 30 (60%) would like to see me swing by the yard arm.

(40 / 10 = 4) – (60 / 10 = 6) = -2

"-2" in white text, neutral rep.

The scale is from 10 to -10. You start at 0. 3 to -3 is neutral.

Those who don't vote are not included in the reputation of said guild.

If you are in the guild or town that you are checked for, the response is…
“[ign] is a member”

On to voting…

When you join a town or guild, you are put in it’s registry by the leader. This may require an additional server mod unless you have another idea (Yes, you Kainzo!).
All you need to do is just vote.

“/rep vote [ign] (good or bad)”

your opinion is added to the collective (and leader, if you are) rep of any town/guild you belong to that the other player does not.

By the way, I have not included worldwide since half the server may hate you as soon as you pvp.

The reputation plugin would clear every week to avoid the influence of inactive players, so people will need to vote again.

So that wraps up my idea. Thank you for paying this suggestion some time. Offer any constructive criticism and support. I do believe this may be too complex for some to use. Perhaps knowing a player’s actions towards your group shall be very quick.

So... you type in /rep g C.G. collective LunarRay, and it tells you what C.G. thinks of LunarRay?
Sounds interesting. You'd also be able to do it the other way around (I'm a member of C.G.) and I could type in the exact same thing to find out what my group thinks of any particular player (e.g. you).

I'm a little confused as to why "neutral" is -3. If 60 percent of a group hates you and you only get a -2, I would think that should be more of a negative rep...

AlexDaParrot

Legacy Supporter 5
Really sounds like an overly complex solution to a problem which many people in the server will figure out quite quickly: If they kill you for doing nothing, they are bad. If they help you out or are friendly towards you for no reason, they are good. If they just like to trade and have no affinity towards you, they are neutral. Individual and town reputation works like this quite well on an unofficial level. I just see abuse from this system somehow.

Really sounds like an overly complex solution to a problem which many people in the server will figure out quite quickly: If they kill you for doing nothing, they are bad. If they help you out or are friendly towards you for no reason, they are good. If they just like to trade and have no affinity towards you, they are neutral. Individual and town reputation works like this quite well on an unofficial level. I just see abuse from this system somehow.

Ah, I see your point. I may need to rethink the system, or just make it just leadership views. Perhaps I just made a plugin that does not need to be.