• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove LWC Deathchest for pvp deaths...?

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
People will just need to carry a lava bucket around, when they're about to die drop it on themselves. Taa daa death chest and then the person camping the death chest would be swarmed by lava :D.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I think you guys are missing the point. The staff took the death chest from donor perk to everyone specifically to frustrate the people who's sole contribution to the server is killing and trolling people. Originally deathchests were designed to make it more difficult to troll and harrass donors. They worked so well that the staff decided to implement them across the board. They want to see players out building towns, roads, public structures and such. They realized that many people specifically target the players who are contributing such things to the server, knowing they are less likely to be combat leveled. They also realized that the people engaging in such activities which inhibit the beautification of the server are highly unlikely to contribute anything of value themselves.

The founders like pvp, they encourage it in many ways. They also realize that it needs limits like anything else. The fact that you have to wait 5 minutes for someones deathchest, which may or may not have anything in it, is intended to be one such limit. It is also hardcore, just not in a way you like or recognize. There are plenty of players who wander around killing everyone and everything, death lurks around every corner, giving that hardcore feeling to those who just want to live. The death chest is the counter to that. Now crime doesn't always pay, killers have to wait for their spoils which are in most cases meager, lending that hardcore feeling to them.
Strife is now universal, as it should be. Don't feed the trolls.

I think you guys are missing the point. The staff took the death chest from donor perk to everyone specifically to frustrate the people who's sole contribution to the server is killing and trolling people. Originally deathchests were designed to make it more difficult to troll and harrass donors. They worked so well that the staff decided to implement them across the board. They want to see players out building towns, roads, public structures and such. They realized that many people specifically target the players who are contributing such things to the server, knowing they are less likely to be combat leveled. They also realized that the people engaging in such activities which inhibit the beautification of the server are highly unlikely to contribute anything of value themselves.

The founders like pvp, they encourage it in many ways. They also realize that it needs limits like anything else. The fact that you have to wait 5 minutes for someones deathchest, which may or may not have anything in it, is intended to be one such limit. It is also hardcore, just not in a way you like or recognize. There are plenty of players who wander around killing everyone and everything, death lurks around every corner, giving that hardcore feeling to those who just want to live. The death chest is the counter to that. Now crime doesn't always pay, killers have to wait for their spoils which are in most cases meager, lending that hardcore feeling to them.
Strife is now universal, as it should be. Don't feed the trolls.
But just because thats what they intended doesn't mean it's the right action. If I wanted to reduce unimployment rates I could kill a million people. Would that be a good solution because it would reduce the rate? No of course not. Just because it would fix one thing doesn't mean it has reproductions. I know from experience camping 10-15 deathchests a day at over 6 minutes each takes up a lot of my time. And I just don't see that as fair because it keeps you out of fights makes you lose time and is very boring.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
bad analogy is bad

my reasoning for getting rid of the deathchests has just as much to do with my own death chest as of those I kill. When I die, I just live with the fact that the guy who killed me gets my loot, which is why for a long time i never even bothered to carry a chest. now sometimes I carry one, and when i die its a mad scramble to tell my town to protect my chest for me and I feel like such a clown for wanting some armor and a sword back. I don't care that much and no matter what I'm fine, but I still sort of favor the idea of getting rid of deathchests, but completely understand why others want them badly

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
The thing I don't think these "builders" are understanding is that 90% of the time the deathchest doesn't even preserve your items for you. All it does at this point is force the person who killed you to sit there and hump the fucking chest until it opens.

To me hardcore means that you punish incompetence in any way and not being able to defend yourself when they specifically allowed builders to be combat specs is incompetence and should be punished.

Also the builders are doing a worse job than the pvpers at making the server more pretty imo. Just look at the TC castle compared to most of the building oriented towns.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
But just because thats what they intended doesn't mean it's the right action. If I wanted to reduce unimployment rates I could kill a million people. Would that be a good solution because it would reduce the rate? No of course not. Just because it would fix one thing doesn't mean it has reproductions. I know from experience camping 10-15 deathchests a day at over 6 minutes each takes up a lot of my time. And I just don't see that as fair because it keeps you out of fights makes you lose time and is very boring.

So we should just make it easier for the PvPers? How is that hardcore? Having to WAIT for your items is hardcore. It makes it better for the builders, but like we've said, PvPers usually get the loot anyways.

Those who PvP already have an insane advantage over those who build. We need more epic builds on this server, and deathchests will help us reach that.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
To me hardcore means that you punish incompetence in any way and not being able to defend yourself when they specifically allowed builders to be combat specs is incompetence and should be punished.

Not all builders want to train for countless hours trying to level up a class/spec they won't be using, just incase they were to ever need to ''defend'' themselves. So yeah, I see your logic. Let's punish the builders because they don't want to PvP/train a class they'll never use. Because, as we all know, this is a PvP server. -.-

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Not all builders want to train for countless hours trying to level up a class/spec they won't be using, just incase they were to ever need to ''defend'' themselves. So yeah, I see your logic. Let's punish the builders because they don't want to PvP/train a class they'll never use. Because, as we all know, this is a PvP server. -.-
This may be a PvP server but who say's it can't also have people who like to build? Having a building and PvP community would be a lot better for the server as it attracting to different groups of people. Also isn't a lot better for the PvP'ers to be able to look at something nice while they attack?

MajorasMask

Ungodly
This may be a PvP server but who say's it can't also have people who like to build? Having a building and PvP community would be a lot better for the server as it attracting to different groups of people. Also isn't a lot better for the PvP'ers to be able to look at something nice while they attack?

I was being sarcastic in the last bit. This isn't a PvP server, although currently, the PvPers are far better off than the builders. Removing deathchests will just make it easier for the PvPers, and make it more hardcore for the builders. If you're fine with seeing the return of stone boxes and wooden shacks, like there were in Dragon, then fine, but I don't want to see that.

MixxiM

TNT
I think you're all wrong. Sometimes it's just a bitch to lose your shit in PvP, especially when you didn't want to do so in the first place. Yeah, I get that having a death chest isn't "hardcore", but it prevents a shitload of ragequits that would make the server suck. Also, the hope of getting your things back is what drives people to go back and fight, rather than just quit, so it therefore inspires more PvP.

PvP LWC's don't need to go, just because you are annoyed by them doesn't mean they do more bad than good.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
Your anology I shall not dignify with a response. It does appear however that you have failed once more to grasp the concept. I shall attempt to describe it more plainly.
You claim that it is a boring waste of your time to camp 10-15 deathchests a day, and that this is an unintended repercussion. Please try to understand that this is the intent. It is equally boring for those on the other side to be targeted and killed repeatedly as you and your like minded frustrate their attemps to do what they enjoy. The deathchest is not intended to preserve peoples stuff as your associate Diffuse would suggest. It is directly intended to frustrate you in your efforts to troll and steal. This is a balancing mechanism. One that , as evidenced by this thread, is working quite spectacularly.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I think you're all wrong. Sometimes it's just a bitch to lose your shit in PvP, especially when you didn't want to do so in the first place. Yeah, I get that having a death chest isn't "hardcore", but it prevents a shitload of ragequits that would make the server suck. Also, the hope of getting your things back is what drives people to go back and fight, rather than just quit, so it therefore inspires more PvP.

PvP LWC's don't need to go, just because you are annoyed by them doesn't mean they do more bad than good.
Yet another good reason for them, well done.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
If you plan to keep it keep it, if you plan to remove it, remove it. Don't give donators deathchests if you remove them from non donators because then any arguments made to remove them would be invalid because they would still be in the game.

Yes the negatives are EASY to see:

-Have to wait to get the items from a kill that you more or less earned.
-Waste your actual time
-Risk just sitting there while the guy whom you killed goes and gets his friends to chase you off.

However there are also some positives:

-Gives new players some buffer with campers
-Adds in "interesting" element to the game
-Ment to keep the game going not just a kill and leave where people will most likely take the items back behind regioned walls.

I'm not siding with one opinion or the other, bit there are reasons why to drop and to keep them.

Your anology I shall not dignify with a response. It does appear however that you have failed once more to grasp the concept. I shall attempt to describe it more plainly.
You claim that it is a boring waste of your time to camp 10-15 deathchests a day, and that this is an unintended repercussion. Please try to understand that this is the intent. It is equally boring for those on the other side to be targeted and killed repeatedly as you and your like minded frustrate their attemps to do what they enjoy. The deathchest is not intended to preserve peoples stuff as your associate Diffuse would suggest. It is directly intended to frustrate you in your efforts to troll and steal. This is a balancing mechanism. One that , as evidenced by this thread, is working quite spectacularly.
since when is killing people trolling. This is a Hardcore PvP server. I understand what you mean with deathchestss in towns but 75% of the time what they do is tunnel around to get to it. But in the other areas where there is nothing around for several thousand meters? what do you have to fear then? an unarmed pally showing up and slapping you a few times? Then it is literally just you sitting there waiting. That doesn't add anything to the game. All it adds is 6 more minutes of you doing absolutely nothing. They died, in real life that means game over, you don't get your stuff back, in fact you don't even come back. I've seen other servers that perma ban you for dying. That's a little extreme but HC is supposed to be a hardcore server. You shouldn't even get a chance to get your stuff back. Whether the repercussions of this being you can only take so much of the loot, some loot is destroyed, it takes a minute or so to loot the item. You don't want to punish the players that try to add the the excitement of the game. You don't want to punish the raiders either because that's what they want to do on the server. The raiders are already at a huge disadvantage going against a whole town and their allys. Their only advantage is stealth, and if you kill someone you lose that advantage instantly. That is a big enough repercussion.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
since when is killing people trolling. This is a Hardcore PvP server. I understand what you mean with deathchestss in towns but 75% of the time what they do is tunnel around to get to it. But in the other areas where there is nothing around for several thousand meters? what do you have to fear then? an unarmed pally showing up and slapping you a few times? Then it is literally just you sitting there waiting. That doesn't add anything to the game. All it adds is 6 more minutes of you doing absolutely nothing. They died, in real life that means game over, you don't get your stuff back, in fact you don't even come back. I've seen other servers that perma ban you for dying. That's a little extreme but HC is supposed to be a hardcore server. You shouldn't even get a chance to get your stuff back. Whether the repercussions of this being you can only take so much of the loot, some loot is destroyed, it takes a minute or so to loot the item. You don't want to punish the players that try to add the the excitement of the game. You don't want to punish the raiders either because that's what they want to do on the server. The raiders are already at a huge disadvantage going against a whole town and their allys. Their only advantage is stealth, and if you kill someone you lose that advantage instantly. That is a big enough repercussion.

So you're saying that we should make things more hardcore for the builders and less hardcore for the raiders, even though the raiders currently have tons of advantages over the raided.... right...... sure... makes sense.

How the hell are raiders at a disadvantage? They too can get ''allys'', and plus, raiders are the ones that can use group teleport, that can camp, that can get though 1x1 holes, and soon enough, they'll be able to blast through with TNT. If anything, the raiders are the ones who are OP. Making them wait, what, 5 minutes for items? That's reasonable, they camp towns anyway.

Also, ''75% of the time...'' where did this number come from? For me, I hardly ever get my items back from a deathchest; the raiders camp it, so I don't get my stuff.

Finally, why mention HC being hardcore? Why bother, seriously, when you are just trying to justify an arguement using a very broad term. I though HC was ''hardcore'' when they put restrictions on blocks/tools/armour, then they made MOBs more powerful, and now you ask for more? Who are you to decide what is hardcore and what isn't?

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
I think deathchests add more pvp. I have gotten a group of people with me to take down a group camping my deathchest. Yes its a nuisance to the people who killed me but they also have a chance to get even more pvp from it. If they really wanted my stuff they should be able to take down my team who I wanted to take it back. I think deathchests almost give us the feeling of just going out balls deep not worrying about having to go back and go through the process of recalling and regearing which is what we were like in zeal. Sorry I am too lazy to elaborate but I hope you know what I mean lol.