• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Remove deep freeze

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Deep freeze should only slow like root does....

And fireball needs to do less damage its way to strong for how it works...

Graink

Portal
Actually I did read your post, I was just saying that for effect. I didn't think you were going to read my post anyway. You shouldn't just make assumptions like that. You're just being an elitist.

You're right, I'm sorry... I'll remember in the future to think everything you say is the exact opposite; that way I won't be making elitist assumptions.. This post of yours just causes confusion to me though :S I'm not sure whether or not you actually read my post, whether you actually said it for effect or not, whether you didn't think I would actually read your post, and if you're actually calling me an elitist :/ . . . There's just so much going on.

On the deepfreeze note.. Sweet, I can't wait to see what it does now! :D

Wolfzee

ICE ICE ICE!
Hopefully these tweaks somewhat balance DeepFreeze, the idea about a slow like root seemed pretty cool.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
If one guy is able to kill a few it doesn't always mean he's OP. It can mean he got lucky, he knows what he's doing, or he's just better than you.

WRONG. It means he is OP, while I am not saying I am the best PVP of lyke omg all tyme, n00b. I am saying that I am pretty decent. From a design perspective there should be some better/closer call leeway in decent and a perfect scenario.

I don't mean to put down your whole dreams of PVP, but if you actually take a look at beguilers skills, they're buff skills. Safe-fall-others? Might? Dispell? Purge? All of your skills are for team fights. Where you can fight 3 - 4 people, take off their buffs, protect your party from fall dmg and give them all str.

Beguiler's should stand their ground as an equal 1v1. Period. Their description is Crowd Control Captain, not utility caster. That's healers. Sorry.
-I can dispell decay and purge your buffs, yes.
-The initial damage still hits,
-safe fall OTHER is useless in 1v1
-Might helps MY melee damage.

EDIT: You also forget these skills cost mana, which means while you still melee for full damage, I can no longer use spells to damage you, which means that your dps is still higher if I'm using my mana to (skill which costs mana) purge your (skills which cost) mana, even though you're a MELEE.

/inherently broken

IMO. But I don't see an easy fix, unless dispelling and purging becomes much less mana intensive/easier to do than manually trying to guess where you are through your lag and spamming purge to try and remove flameshield so I can spend the next half second left on piggify to do 3 fireballs, yeah no. I've tried. Many times.

Try using reflect? You complain so much about not being able to do much dmg, but 50% of my drain souls comming back at me would be terrible! You would take 5 dmg, and I'd only gain 5. That right there is a big swing every time I hit you. If you've ever fought a rogue, their kick will destroy you! SonicBoom is insanly OP if you can do that to a whole team + 12 dmg.

Reflect does not reflect skill damage, only physical, and it's mitigated by your armor, Meaning I just reduce damage taken, while dealing a dis-proportional amount back to you. This is broken IMO. It should reflect "Damage TAKEN"

SonicBoom is a 6 second silence (1 mana tick) for 100% mana, and does ZERO damage (unless recently changed.)

This skill is only useful in huge fights, where you can't even party everyone fighting. Even then, in the chaos it's not very viable, with everyone chasing everyone and whatnot. I think mass piggify would be much better. (as long as it only works on enemies)

I find way too many people bitch and complain about classes when they don't even know how to play their own. Stick to a group if you're going to play that class, don't try to solo a dreadknight (Warrior class, built around 1 v 1 pvp) or you will surely die.

You clearly lack understanding that I do in fact know how Beguiler's inner mechanics work. As well as mastering 3 other classes I know many of the mechanics of the way Kainzo has designed Heroes and usually my knowledge is up-to-date except for hotfixes announced in Alert and not posted about until later. (when I'm not online)

As for deep freeze :3 I think all root skills should be removed and turned into more of a slow. Like the slowness when using recall. The player can still be hit a lot during the slow, and those combos can pretty much 1 hit anyone if you're not up against potions.

Not true. RE:
I find way too many people bitch and complain about classes when they don't even know how to play their own.

Thank you, Graink.

HollowSith

Diamond
If one guy is able to kill a few it doesn't always mean he's OP. It can mean he got lucky, he knows what he's doing, or he's just better than you.

WRONG. It means he is OP, while I am not saying I am the best PVP of lyke omg all tyme, n00b. I am saying that I am pretty decent. From a design perspective there should be some better/closer call leeway in decent and a perfect scenario.

LOL! Get your head out of your ass, haha! Just because one or two people can fight multiple enemies and survive, every once and a while.. Doesn't mean the entire class should be nerfed. Being more knowledgeable or "skilful" about a class, or fighting people who think they're amazing and aren't *ahem* doesn't in any way warrant punishment; such as a nerf. If it happens non-stop and everyone of the specific class appears to have a specific advantage, then fine, tweak it down. Maybe instead of crying OP, you could learn to counter or better prepare yourself.

I'm not coming at you with the previous paragraph to insult you but you sound incredibly inexperienced and ignornant. You may be indeed, correct about DK or whatever else you are claiming to be OP; but your reasoning is hilariously flawed. Just because you think your good (which you may be) and you lose, it doesn't mean he cheated or is OP or whatever else you or anyone else may cry.

Trompeten

TNT
Just heard from Kainzo ingame that according to Sleaker, DeepFreeze is supposed to be a stun. Doesn't seem to work though, since ppl still kill me while frozen.
If DF is in fact a stun, and it gets fixed, I would agree with it breaking on any damage, so you may either use fireball for extra damage, use another skill for whatever reason or flee.
If it becomes a slow like root right now, I'd say you can either give it a longer duration while breaking on damage (if a slow can break, dunno, haven't met any Wizards lately to see) or leave the duration, but also don't make it break on damage (assuming it slows as much as Root does)

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
It should be deepfreeze slows, and root roots, if anything. Not the other way around. Kainzo said he adjusted df, so I haven't seen it in use since then

Trompeten

TNT
It should be deepfreeze slows, and root roots, if anything. Not the other way around. Kainzo said he adjusted df, so I haven't seen it in use since then
Probably, but I've been commenting on what to do about DF, so I left out my opinion about Root.
I've used DF a few hours ago, but I haven't seen any visible changes. Except that one time, where it told me I have to be Crafter(20) to use it. Maybe a bug, though I couldn't make it happen again to confirm.

Graink

Portal
I think it'd be cool is deepfreeze did a level 3 (or max we can get, idkwhat it is) slow for the first effect, then a level 1 slow for the rest. So lets say 2 secs of super slowness, then during another 2 seconds you're thawing out and still move generally slower? Time frame and slowness levels can be changed to whatever seems better, but I think it could tune it down a bit but still be a fun spell to use.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
I think it'd be cool is deepfreeze did a level 3 (or max we can get, idkwhat it is) slow for the first effect, then a level 1 slow for the rest. So lets say 2 secs of super slowness, then during another 2 seconds you're thawing out and still move generally slower? Time frame and slowness levels can be changed to whatever seems better, but I think it could tune it down a bit but still be a fun spell to use.
The 'thawing' effect is a pretty cool idea.

What I want to know though is why they are called Geomancers yet have nothing to do with Earth/Rock at all.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Just because you think your good (which you may be) and you lose, it doesn't mean he cheated or is OP or whatever else you or anyone else may cry.

You're contradicting yourself.

I single handedly went into Unholy and killed several unspecced people. As soon as a wizard and a ranger showed up, I was even able to kill the wizard, after that I just died miserably, unable to get out of their region. I am not bragging, the wizard I got the jump on him as he logged in. And he was a level 17 wizard that I just melee'd +1 fireball'd him to death before he realized what was going on.

I'm saying that the 2 people I have specific problems against, in 3v1 or even 5v1 situations in my teams favor, are Graink and Greekcrackshot ((whom I have yet to even kill, not including once where piggify void-bugged them.) once each. )

Not once have I even came close 1v1. They'd be 70-75% health every time. I could run back in 35-45 seconds and it would literally take me 5-6 deaths before greek recalled. That's spamming piggify + fireballs that all landed.

This is not a matter of skill, it's a matter of a class being overpowered because he can sit there and get hit for a total of about 1200-1300 damage and survive it all. I was being humble in telling you that just myself is a decent player. Do not take it too far as to say get my head out of my ass, you fucking prick. Thanks.

PS.
As I said up above, I was talking about group combat of specced people vs 1 guy.

HollowSith

Diamond
You're contradicting yourself.
This is not a matter of skill, it's a matter of a class being overpowered. I was being humble in telling you that just myself is a decent player. Do not take it too far as to say get my head out of my ass, you fucking prick. Thanks. :)

Classy.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
What I want to know though is why they are called Geomancers yet have nothing to do with Earth/Rock at all.

They will probably add more customized spells (spell graphics) at some point far into the future when it's possible to code them like that. I'm referring to a lot of the skills as well.

But, I think, it's because they have a lot to do with fire and ice, which both represent a single force of nature, temperature, but also it could be seen as the cold abyss, and molten rock of earth? perhaps?

edit: Like how deepfreeze freezes you solid, like a rock. And perhaps how they shoot fireball's and can even command the element of air (fire/firewall, chainlightning)

Graink

Portal
Yup, I know how to kill people. I'd actually like to see someone else spec to a dreadknight and fight me.. I'll probably be speccing soon anyways so I'd be glad to fight any of you.

gooscar

Legacy Supporter 4
They will probably add more customized spells (spell graphics) at some point far into the future when it's possible to code them like that. I'm referring to a lot of the skills as well.

But, I think, it's because they have a lot to do with fire and ice, which both represent a single force of nature, temperature, but also it could be seen as the cold abyss, and molten rock of earth? perhaps?

edit: Like how deepfreeze freezes you solid, like a rock. And perhaps how they shoot fireball's and can even command the element of air (fire/firewall, chainlightning)

I just wanna chuck some ma fkkn rocks yo

Sleaker

Retired Staff
DF isn't a stun, it's stun-like. ie - it prevents all movement. In addition to the teleportation, it now applies a huge slow (similar to other roots) to try and prevent the player from jittering if they try to move around too much.

It's a nuke. get over it.