• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Remove Auto Sprint on Spout

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
@GreekCrackShot Keep whining about spout, your macbook and autosprint, I'll be leaving this thread - it's useless to tell your opinion here
Really? then we might as well delete this entire section! Because that's all this is, someone's opinion.

I whine for a reason.... if you're not gonna make constructive criticism and give your own opinion, you're not welcome. How about "Greek, I disagree with your opinion on autosprint because...." or "Greek, I have a compromise for you and other people who can't use spout, it is that..."

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
Really? then we might as well delete this entire section! Because that's all this is, someone's opinion.

I whine for a reason.... if you're not gonna make constructive criticism and give your own opinion, you're not welcome. How about "Greek, I disagree with your opinion on autosprint because...." or "Greek, I have a compromise for you and other people who can't use spout, it is that..."

Personally I feel that with the latest changes to auto-sprint put in place that it is a non-issue feature now. The bugs it had prior I admit were allowing it to be overpowered, but those have been fixed.

I respect your opinion on it but as mentioned earlier in this thread (I believe) if you want to see a toggle-option for it added to SpoutPlugin so Kainzo has the option to disable auto-sprint, suggest it at http://issues.spout.org.

narrowtux

Retired Staff

I meant my opinion. Seeing that you disagreed/facepalmed all my posts clearly tells me that my opinion is not wished in this particular thread

Windwaker

Iron
So what's the problem now if auto-sprint has been incorporated to use stamina and backwards sprinting has been disabled? Auto-sprint is just as effective as regular sprinting except for the fact you need one extra finger on the keyboard...

MajorasMask

Ungodly
It is unfair though, for casters to use auto-sprint to win, hands down, in a battle against warriors and other melee classes.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
Again guys, if you want to see this feature able to be disabled by the server administrator (Kainzo) via SpoutPlugin.. go to http://issues.spout.org and make an issue for it. Not a hard concept. :)

I'm not sure why we would have to do this. For the longest time, people just added a suggection to Kainzo, then he would decide wheather or not the plugin woul stay. I can see that you want to control where spout suggections are.

TR;DL We probably won't make a issue, due to the fact that we're not Kainzo, and forums is more easier to discuss things

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
Sounds like laziness to me personally. I highly doubt Kainzo would remove Spoutcraft support from the server over this, he's more likely to win the lottery, get bit by a radioactive spider and win another lottery all in the same day.

I'm simply saying if YOU want something YOU should take the initiative and do something about it. As of right now SpoutPlugin doesn't support disabling that in its config file, so Kainzo couldn't just disable it in a heartbeat. :p

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Kainzo and the rest of the ''Staff Elite'' say that they make their own mods and plug-ins. If so, what's to stop them creating something which can disable the ''Auto Sprint'' feature?

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
Kainzo and the rest of the ''Staff Elite'' say that they make their own mods and plug-ins. If so, what's to stop them creating something which can disable the ''Auto Sprint'' feature?

Nothing, in fact they are more than welcome to do it. My thought was it'd be easier on him and his developers to just create an issue for it and have one of us do it. But if you want to put more work on him then by all means go right on ahead. :)

Zidane

Gold
Okay let me make this as clear as crystal to everyone here.

The Spout project has a JIRA issue tracker where we track issues that come about. Our stance is and will remain the same way: if the issue isn't on our JIRA it will NOT BE FIXED AND IS TREATED AS NONEXISTANT. We provide the Spout project free of charge and dedicate our free time for the betterment of the community. We are not your slaves and won't become so because some of you are too damn lazy to go make a simple issue.

So with that out of the way, without an issue present on the tracker it won't be fixed. Its as clear and simple as that. In regards to Kainzo and his development team, if they would like to take the time to modify Spoutcraft and remove it then by all means. We have a very healthy and successful pull request model.

For reference the JIRA link is: issues.spout.org and when you make the issue make sure you select "Spoutcraft"

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Okay let me make this as clear as crystal to everyone here.

The Spout project has a JIRA issue tracker where we track issues that come about. Our stance is and will remain the same way: if the issue isn't on our JIRA it will NOT BE FIXED AND IS TREATED AS NONEXISTANT. We provide the Spout project free of charge and dedicate our free time for the betterment of the community. We are not your slaves and won't become so because some of you are too damn lazy to go make a simple issue.

So with that out of the way, without an issue present on the tracker it won't be fixed. Its as clear and simple as that. In regards to Kainzo and his development team, if they would like to take the time to modify Spoutcraft and remove it then by all means. We have a very healthy and successful pull request model.

For reference the JIRA link is: issues.spout.org and when you make the issue make sure you select "Spoutcraft"
@Afforess asked to make a bug report thread and sticky it for spoutcraft :p
http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/spoutcraft-bug-reports-feedback.16345/page-4#post-154210

Afforess

Glowstone
I'd like to make a brief warning:

Removing auto sprint is like banning guns. When you ban guns, only criminals will have them. When you block auto sprint, only people with modified files will have them. Is that what you want?

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2

Removing auto sprint is like banning guns. When you ban guns, only criminals will have them. When you block auto sprint, only people with modified files will have them. Is that what you want?
Yes, yes it's what we want.
Besides, criminals = jail.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

You will be able to tell if someone still has auto-sprint or not. If it is seen, the player can report it via /pe or they can screen-record it.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7

How about we record the people cheating? ... and ban them? All we have to do is get this feature disable-able

If people can still sprint backwards (dunno haven't been on in a few days) and this "feature" is not being taken out, I'll tell you that it is the single EASIEST thing to catch someone doing... you can easily catch someone with fraps abusing the auto sprint.
Again guys, if you want to see this feature able to be disabled by the server administrator (Kainzo) via SpoutPlugin.. go to http://issues.spout.org and make an issue for it. Not a hard concept. :)
I'll get on it as soon as I have time.

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
How about we record the people cheating? ... and ban them? All we have to do is get this feature disable-able

If people can still sprint backwards (dunno haven't been on in a few days) and this "feature" is not being taken out, I'll tell you that it is the single EASIEST thing to catch someone doing... you can easily catch someone with fraps abusing the auto sprint.

I'll get on it as soon as I have time.

As mentioned several times in responses on this thread, sprinting backwards has been fixed. Visually it may still kick up particles as if you were sprinting but your speed is the same as if you are still walking.