• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Removal of PvP disabling regions

Should PvP disabled regions be lessened or removed?

• Total voters

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
@Xanipher and @Lastivity - can you work on slimming these regions down a bit?

I think this should fix the issue.

These no-pvp regions need to exist. They just don't need to be as big as they are now. People who fall victim to border hopping are idiots in my opinion, it's your choice to stay in the PVP area. Swallow your pride and challenge your enemy elsewhere, where there aren't any no-pvp regions nearby.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here's the issue:
1) the land around these structures must be free of obstruction/player structures
2) the region system wont allow for this AND pvp off.

We'll need @Xanipher or another admin to make a region just for anti-build and then another immediately smaller region inside of it for no-pvp.

Who wants to do it for all the herogates/MA's ? :)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
If we can code it so if you are "in combat" you are attackable by players .. we will.

example: you attack player A and run back into the "safe" zone - others can kill you freely... - Just not sure how we'd code it..

I LOVE that idea! :p I'm not a coder so I don't know how you'd do it, but if possible, it would be great! :)

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Here's the issue:
1) the land around these structures must be free of obstruction/player structures
2) the region system wont allow for this AND pvp off.

We'll need @Xanipher or another admin to make a region just for anti-build and then another immediately smaller region inside of it for no-pvp.

Who wants to do it for all the herogates/MA's ? :)

That sounds like a good plan. :) It would be good to put some form of indicator up to notify the player where the PvP zone starts and where it does not. Maybe a small pillar at the corners of the region, possibly. :p

c12095

Holy Shit!
Honestly, I don't see the reason to make Herogates no-pvp. The nexus portals have a warning sign for all new players not to enter at spawn, and anyone taking the portal should have a reason to go there, so why would you run through unprepared?

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
I choose not to be camped Thank You very much; and so do the newbies. The person suggesting that we should have those regions pvp-enabled really has a biased opinion.

Joka10

Soulsand
While I do think that the no-pvp stuff should be changed, the above user is correct about the bias...

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
I choose not to be camped Thank You very much; and so do the newbies. The person suggesting that we should have those regions pvp-enabled really has a biased opinion.
They don't want them REMOVED, they want them restricted. If you don't want to be killed - stay in no-pvp, recall or get ported to spawn. At any point of the day (at least when I'm on) there are at least 4-5 wizards online.

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4
I do ports for only 20c, there are many wizards out there, run or pay for safety! (I'm not advertising in any way now am I?)

AzenYumCha

Legacy Supporter 6
They don't want them REMOVED, they want them restricted. If you don't want to be killed - stay in no-pvp, recall or get ported to spawn. At any point of the day (at least when I'm on) there are at least 4-5 wizards online.
I read the Forum Title. Did you?

I vote for:
-Very Small Herogate regions (right where the ring above the sword is)
-Tiny Graveyard regions (where the graveyard blocks end)
-PvP in Noble area, (PvP starting where you exit lapis gates)

More PvP!

B

Bingy1218

Hmm here's a suggestion how about the ring above the sword is no pvp however once you leave there it's pvp but no building on the old region that used to be there.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I do not agree with removing the regions stuff, it would cause more pvp, more loss of items, more pissed off people, more deleveling, and harder to train. It does not bother me that people run away from you, it is a tactic of survival otherwise you would be chased across the map until you die or until you get into your town. Pvp in graveyards would make it harder to recall, one hit and you stop recalling. I disagree with this. Just my opinion though.

c12095

Holy Shit!
It does not bother me that people run away from you, it is a tactic of survival otherwise you would be chased across the map until you die or until you get into your town.

Last time I checked, you don't run until you reach a magical piece of ground that prevents you from being harmed when trying to survive...

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
@Keache I think that is the only problem with such an idea, it is after all the coding.
The current 'combat-tag' I think should be modified in such a way that it applies to all areas, so even if you jump back into non-PVP you can still be attacked, this'd eliminate all "border humping/hopping" problems and would make PVP a lot more brutal and ultimately, fun ;)
isn't that what he said?

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Last time I checked, you don't run until you reach a magical piece of ground that prevents you from being harmed when trying to survive...
What have you been checking? Everyone always normally runs to a no-pvp area if they are weaker.
Also, please respect my opinion, thanks. :) I know why you would agree to this, you are in a pvp guild which is always pvping and don't care about others and just love gaining more things from it, but being the victim constantly sucks and without no-pvp it will cause those common victims to have a bad time on herocraft.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
I am just stating MY opinion no need to rate it tard and stuff, I get the point that you guys have a different opinion since you guys are the people who kill others and not care about them normally.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
I dont mind enabling pvp, whoever enabled them wasnt supposed to. But they will not be shrunk. I dont want your dirty little hovels that close to them, they're that size for a reason.

ThatAintFalco

Portal
The could you have a region in a region
(bad example of 2-d word font graph)

Pvp and building
-------------------------
Pvp no building (like spawn pvp pits )
------------------------------
No pvp and no building

I think that could work