• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Religions.

Since the RP of the server already recognizes Kainzo as a god king, I think it would be fun if players could be more actively "religious." Maybe the Mod staff could even fill the role as part of the pantheon, granting small buffs to active believers. Regions could have a "sanctified" flag so players could build temples and shrines to their patron deity, where they could make sacrifices to gain favor.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
This would add an interesting social aspect to the server. Balance would be key.

Part of the balance could be that some religions are more demanding than others, asking for hefty sacrifices or other weird requirments

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think it'd be neat to have players "follow" a religion in-game. The Church of Zo would grant a passive 10% increase damage... The Temple of Apherdite may give 20% agility, etc.

Who knows about the coding though :p
What if the Att-Buff skills are scaled back (+5), and instead you gain a current-implementation Att-Buff skill (+15) based on which God you follow.

Certain Gods would not accept certain classes, to keep some things from being OP. For example, a Pyromancer should not be able to get +15 STR on top of their current ChaoticStrength, and a Bloodmage could Worship the God of CON but not the God of END.

huntmoak

ICE ICE ICE!
Or could one Church add like 10% increased healing? Or other things like that?

Xhazed

Portal
It shud be that at random times it gives random things so that any1 could follow any god and be op for like lets say the buff is an hour then it switches to another random one.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
It shud be that at random times it gives random things so that any1 could follow any god and be op for like lets say the buff is an hour then it switches to another random one.

That would be too complicated for the followers of the various "religions". I think a %5 - %10 buff to a particular stat for each "god" would be better. Perhaps make it similar to Skyrim where you can change deities by worshiping at different altars. Even do a %5 buff by worshipping by default and make it %10 only by offering a sacrifice. And keep the above idea where certain classes can not worship certain gods.

*edited to include quote*

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Anyone wanting to help set up a RP Religion should talk to me :p slighty insulted you didn't tag me in this thread @FuzyLogick .....jk.

Last edited:

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I am currently working on a whole lore based RP Religion that was going to be used in my guild The Order any lore writers who want in on the project just needs to ask :p.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
Lol I didn't know if you were still active or not @archceaser, I haven't seen anyone from DV in weeks. Not counting Default of course...
I am still kicking around just been a crazy couple weeks at work which is a shame it seems i missed out on a couple of events.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
I think it'd be neat to have players "follow" a religion in-game. The Church of Zo would grant a passive 10% increase damage... The Temple of Apherdite may give 20% agility, etc.

Who knows about the coding though :p
I know how to make this work (sorta) I will show you later.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Any buffs should be flat increases, not percentage based increases. This allows for balanced customization through attribute building. Keep in mind that the value of a buff already rises proportional to the total amount of attribute points it would cost to otherwise get that buff.
Ex: +15 agility increases a 0 agility build by a value of 45 attribute points.
+15 agility increases a 30 agility build by a value of 200 attribute points.

I think, unlike Skyrim, having mods play the role of gods on the pantheon would give more weight to your "religion." It's not just about you picking which buff you want, but instead about supplication. You can choose to worship at the alter of Angyles to gain the protection of the Queen of Dragons, but maybe she rejects you? Or maybe the blessings of Kainzo are powerful but short lived and only given to the small few that currently carry his favor.

I can understand the concerns about OPness, but open world PVP isn't really about things being "fair". Numbers, gear, and surprise matter a lot and often matter more than skill. The only time it really matters IMHO is during a tourny, in which case all religious buffs could be turned off.

Oh and I agree that the "gods" should be concerned with your class. Particularly classes that communicate a strong alignment like Paladin or Dreadknight. but then again, who am I to suggest what the gods should be concerned with?

May Apherdite keep you from harm, and may LightningCake spare you from his cakey wrath.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
It's not just about you picking which buff you want, but instead about supplication. You can choose to worship at the alter of Angyles to gain the protection of the Queen of Dragons, but maybe she rejects you? Or maybe the blessings of Kainzo are powerful but short lived and only given to the small few that currently carry his favor.

I can understand the concerns about OPness, but open world PVP isn't really about things being "fair".

Mods and other staff, while in their role as staff, will never allow personal grievances or preferences to bias their work. To suggest that they be given the power to buff a chosen few, and to chose those few at their own discretion, goes against several basic principles of Staff positions, of PvP, and of the server. In addition, to ask that Staff actively role-play would reduce the time they have to work or actually play. Of course these religions should be based in lore, but they should not require active administration by Staff!

Actually, open world pvp IS about a fair starting/base point. Skill and circumstance take over from there.