• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Relics = exp

Northac

Obsidian
this is an interesting idea. would be kinda neat and an alternative to just selling or hording the things

TRAVERS0

Iron
yah thats what i was thinking because eventually there will be so many it will just be waiting for lvl 5 stuff to make codex

Northac

Obsidian
Each relic would give a different amount of exp, but would have to be balanced for both the level of it, and how often it drops.
So a level 1 wouldn't give very much exp, and a 5 may give a good amount. But Kainzo and crew will have to make the final decision since that will require a good bit of coding to do I believe.

TRAVERS0

Iron
yah i wasnt shure how realistic of an idea it was from the coding side but i thought it would be a good idea to give excess relics a use

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
yah i wasnt shure how realistic of an idea it was from the coding side but i thought it would be a good idea to give excess relics a use
It's easily doable in the config without having to replace items, etc... but not 100% its what we want happening...

TRAVERS0

Iron
what if they didnt give exp but boosted your stats like giving extra attribute points or something of that nature

Northac

Obsidian
its a dumb idea it means people can literally buy levels with souls
each relic would only give a small amount of exp (at least that's how I see it as working) kind of like the ores the profession ones are found in. so lesser give like coal up to greater = diamond in exp. (or close to that). And if they can, code it so they don't work with boosts. no mass leveling off of them (maybe a cool down on them?).
And this would drive the prices of them up some, making it a large sum of money to try to level that way

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Maybe the relics can only be used for someone with that class. AKA a Miner can only use Miner Relics for Exp, making the "Buying EXP" a tad less Doable.

Sreolla

Legacy Supporter 6
Honestly even if its 1xp per level, its not overkill, super minor xp, and gives some use to the 10000 Level 1-4 codex's laying around