• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reducing lag idea

A

alexhoff1

Well, I was more or less told that all of the herocraft servers run off of the same machine, soo..
Why do we even have a tekkit server, nobody ever seems to play it, or talk about it, or really anything. It also would take quite a bit of RAM if it is on the same machine, which our RAM is already quite low.

Servers that we could remove.
Test - just give the balance team the skills then remove them once they are done testing, we don't really use it for much else currently.
Tekkit - I haven't seen anything about this in months, granted I haven't looked, I still think it is taking RAM without any real need. Sure, we have active people on there, but is it worth it?

Pretty much if we removed these 2 extra servers I think that we would have less lag overall.

eagles90809

Legacy Supporter 4
Well, I was more or less told that all of the herocraft servers run off of the same machine, soo..
Why do we even have a tekkit server, nobody ever seems to play it, or talk about it, or really anything. It also would take quite a bit of RAM if it is on the same machine, which our RAM is already quite low.

Test - just give the balance team the skills then remove them once they are done testing, we don't really use it for much else currently.
Tekkit - I haven't seen anything about this in months, granted I haven't looked, I still think it is taking RAM without any real need. Sure, we have active people on there, but is it worth it?

Pretty much if we removed these 2 extra servers I think that we would have less lag overall.
can't warshard and forgelight be thrown on other machines?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

1) Test is on the test machine - we have a dedicated box hosted elsewhere - its sole purpose is for test machines / other servers coming up.
2) Tekkit/FTB are on the test machine.

Ram is not why we are lagging. Ram is the least of our worries.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
1) is not why we are lagging. Ram is the least of our worries.
The bottleneck with most Minecraft servers is processing power, right? I believe Minecraft Server is only a single-threaded process, meaning that multi-core processors can't be utilized. Am I correct here?

EDIT: I think SpoutServer is going to be multi-threaded =D

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
The bottleneck with most Minecraft servers is processing power, right? I believe Minecraft Server is only a single-threaded process, meaning that multi-core processors can't be utilized. Am I correct here?

EDIT: I think SpoutServer is going to be multi-threaded =D
I think it will be, too. Not completely sure, though.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I think that we should just buy a new machine. I think we have enough donations/micro transactions to do that?