• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Redstone Circuit Rules

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Hey all,

I had heard somewhere that certain redstone circuits are illegal and will get you banned, and as an engineer this is quite discouraging.
After searching around in the forums and wiki I couldn't find a clear definition of what is allowed and what is not. Any chance we could get an official statement or guide on what we can or cannot build? I understand that excessive redstone causes lag (which is why the restrictions are in play) I am just curious what exactly constitutes "excessive"

Any information is greatly appreciated :)

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
I don't think this is true anymore (unless you building something absolutely insane (computer or something))

From what I have heard redstone causes far less lag then it use to, then again, I could be horribly wrong.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
It is suggested you'd build a redsatone circuit, then ask an admin/mod to approve of it. That way, you can be certain if you can keep it or not! :p Like Farroes has said, never go overboard and build a massive computer or an automatic clock. That sort of stuff is just silly anyways, who needs it? :p

Things such as piston doors, traps and so forth are very common, and I suggest you use engineer skills to make those! ;)

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
I recommend against using the clock IC if you can ever help it, or any clocks, as these often cause problems/have been the most frequent cause of lag that I've had to deal with as an engineer. Things like doors, traps, chairs, whatever else are just fine.

Just try to avoid anything that's constantly running and updating, such as clocks, computers, certain types of locks, and the like.

xpeterc1

Legacy Supporter 7
Actually, redstone causes more lag now than it did in previous versions. In the Redstone forums, people have reported larger gaps of delay when using their redstone. From my experience it is very true as I am seeing a ton more lag than I would have in the past.
-This is only from larger redstone builds that I can say for certain and the small Redstone are probably negligible since it is all scaled down basically and my builds involves thousands of redstone circuits.