• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reborn

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I've noticed that the current way Reborn works for Disciple seems to be pretty weak/useless, in my opinion. While it is quite nifty if you fall off a high ledge and forget to use safefall, in a combat situation I rarely find it useful for a couple reasons:

1. It is an instant, glorified bandage stuck on a fifteen-minute cooldown

2. It interrupts any other skill you're using at the time of this proc (I can understand why though, since it is another skill in itself).

3. When reborn procs, I am usually dead anyway since I can't get a heal off in time due to the lack of health regained via Reborn(unless I fell off a high ledge of course). In a normal combat situation, if I proc Reborn, chances already are that I am going to die regardless of what happens since I don't have enough health to cast a pray or bandage while I'm being beaten down. Reborn puts me in a situatation where I can't heal because reborn interrupts the heal, then doesn't give me enough time to heal or do much of anything after it procs. As a level 55 skill, I find this to be underpowered.

So, the solution? Here are a couple of ideas;

1. Give reborn a temporary invuln, in addition to the 15% health regained. For extra RPG effect, add a slow in for the duration. This way, it's as if you are slowly recovering from your death, and recuperating your strength before you head back into the fray. During this invuln, you can't attack, but you can use heals. This way, Reborn is more of a "Save your ass" ability, and less of a "Prolong the inevitable" ability.

2. Reduce the cooldown (5-10 minutes?)buff the hp recovered to 30% or so. More of a boring way of fixing this, but at the very least it gives you enough health to allow you to react, heal, and get back in the fight.

3. Remove it

Thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,

~Keache

Aetosion

Obsidian
Sounds reasonable. A short invuln + slow wouldn't imbalance things terribly, and it would seem a skill like that would add alot of functionality. I've never actually seen a Disciple effectively use Reborn when fighting me.

spartanman118

Legacy Supporter 3
I think it would be better as just an instant heal instead of the invuln. The idea of giving disciple an invuln that they don't even have to activate doesn't seem right to me.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Reborn was nerfed to shit. It use to give back 1/2 your HP and have a 3min cooldown. Maybe add a knockback to reborn where people around u are knockbacked when reborn procs?

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
IMO everyone has different opinions right now about disciples being OP and being UP this makes me feel that tbh they are actually kinda balanced compared to most classes. Although some skills may have been nerfed they still have uses for example if i would accidentally fall off a huge cliff and forget to use safefall reborn will proc and safe my ass. Every skill has its advantages in different situations, the same with every other class and its skills.