• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Re-Suggestion - Berserker Skill - Berserkergang

Moralsk

Gold
I wouldn't bring this back up, however, the first time I suggest this I never really got a good feedback. Had some agree, and some disagree, but for the most part it ended up inconclusive.

Here's the original suggestion: http://herocraftonline.com/main/threads/berserker-suggested-skill-berserkergang.44887/

I'm going to try to simplify this suggestion a bit.

Main parts of the real berserkergang fighting style.

According to legend:

Extreme Physique
Extreme Endurance
Magical resistance to weapons
Taking on the spirit of a powerful animal (Wolf or bear primarily)
Endowed with blessing from Odin
Extremely weakened mentally and physically after trance ends (After the battle)

According to our best guesses in reality:

Great amount gained physique
Extreme Endurance (Funny enough, it was probably practically boundless in reality, not just stories)
Not immune to weapons, merely in such a rage that a berserk would ignore almost any wound no matter how severe
Just part of the imagery they used to enter the trance
Again, part of the imagery they used to enter the trance
Agrees with legend. Physical weakness was due to muscle damage, and mental weakness is not entirely understood. Then again we can't say we entirely understand how they entered the trance in the first place. They also don't know how they maintained the trance longer than a typical short adrenaline rush.

I feel an ability like this would make a much better master ability than rupture. (Don't get me wrong rupture is a great ability, but I really don't think it represents the greatest part of Berserkers)

I think a skill like this could be done following something like this. I'm not going to include numbers or demand for specific features, just my personal opinion.

Cost: Some amount of mana (Berserkergang was a spiritual practice)
Start up Time: I don't think it should be instant. It took time to enter the trance in real life.

Length of buffs: Not very long but not super short either. Berserkergang from what we can tell so far lasted longer than a typical adrenaline rush. They maintained the trance through entire battles.

Start Effects:
Increased melee damage
Greatly increased stamina
Take more damage, but shrug off effects. (They took hits, they just didn't care)
Buff other strength related abilities such as lunge, or maim.
Increased speed (I suggest this mostly because this ability is useless if everyone just runs away, which happens all the time)

End effects for x amount of time:
Reduced melee damage
Sap stamina
Turn off regen for health, stamina, and mana.
Reduced speed
Silence all abilites

(Yeah if you thought the buffs were too much, well look at the debuffs)

Open to suggestions for change.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Berserkergang (Level 65):
  • Regent: RedMushroom
  • Warm-Up: 3 seconds
  • Buff Duration: 20 Seconds
  • Debuff Duration: 20 Seconds
  • Cooldown: 3 minutes
    • During Effect:
      • Increases "Berserker's Rage"bonus
      • Increases Strength