• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Re-Add Bounties

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I think that while the bounty plugin is being changed to prevent the previous exploit, they should be re-added and watched closely. An official rule could be written up that if someone is abusing the bounty plugin at graveyards to repeatedly kill someone, the player(s) involved will receive a 1 day temp ban, increasing for repeated offenders. Bounties brought a lot of world pvp, which has sort of died out with their removal - I'm just afraid that fixing the plugin will take too long, and that my suggestion will suffice until it is fixed.

Nashah

Max Legacy Supporter
That sounds good to me. So long as the punishments are a bit tough like first offence, one day, second a week, third you treat them as you would a griefer.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
I never thought they'd take it out, letalone for so long.

I honestly just expected a rule change, which is what I suggested, since it'd be a simple solution. Then a bunch of fancy-smancy ideas popped up which, while they sounded good in theory, require coding...and coding is death.

So, obviously, I agree with adding a new rule to bounties and bringing them back, as well. lol

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Alright, kainzo agreed to re-add bounties with my suggested rule. If you see anyone in chat abusing the system to kill someone, screenshot it and send it to me or another mod/admin.

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
You mean it should be re-added so you can boost your own KDR right? #IrishIsBestMod

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
I think that while the bounty plugin is being changed to prevent the previous exploit, they should be re-added and watched closely. An official rule could be written up that if someone is abusing the bounty plugin at graveyards to repeatedly kill someone, the player(s) involved will receive a 1 day temp ban, increasing for repeated offenders. Bounties brought a lot of world pvp, which has sort of died out with their removal - I'm just afraid that fixing the plugin will take too long, and that my suggestion will suffice until it is fixed.
I already stated that before they took it out since bounties are a major pvp factor. So not sure if they will do this.