• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Rangers smoke arrow

should smoke arrow be added as a Ranger ability

• yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
In terms of the skill, I could see a 'ranged blind' being put on a class such as necro. Would add a new dynamic playstyle In my opinion. And regardless of how much 'experience' they have, there is no excuse for being rude/ ignorant when replying to threads within the forums. Especially to newer players.
Necro has a blind and doesn't need more kiting abilities. I didn't say there was an excuse to be rude, but you can't just ignore what they say completely unless you want biased results.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Necro has a blind and doesn't need more kiting abilities. I didn't say there was an excuse to be rude, but you can't just ignore what they say completely unless you want biased results.

I did say "such as necro". That doesn't imply it has to be necro, it implies a class like necro (a class it could suit might but Regardless a ranged blind is still a good idea). Why should I have to ignore this needless abuse? I myself don't take any of it to heart but other players may. If you can't create a response that doesn't insult someone, then that person shouldn't be allowed to post in the first place.

Also, this wouldn't make any suggestions biased at all. It would;

1.) keep the thread on topics rather than arguments breaking out within the thread (happens all the time)
2.) be a more welcoming community to new players

At the end of the day, needless insults are not needed nor do they have a place within feedback on suggestions.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I did say "such as necro". That doesn't imply it has to be necro, it implies a class like necro (a class it could suit might but Regardless a ranged blind is still a good idea). Why should I have to ignore this needless abuse? I myself don't take any of it to heart but other players may. If you can't create a response that doesn't insult someone, then that person shouldn't be allowed to post in the first place.

Also, this wouldn't make any suggestions biased at all. It would;

1.) keep the thread on topics rather than arguments breaking out within the thread (happens all the time)
2.) be a more welcoming community to new players

At the end of the day, needless insults are not needed nor do they have a place within feedback on suggestions.
A ranged blind really wouldn't fit any class right now.
If you ignore someone totally then you come to a biased conclusion. When you are asking people for a response but change or ignore anything then your result becomes biased. I didn't say that you shouldn't ignore the insults, I said you can't ignore people completely.

Lostboi007

Glowing Redstone
ThAnks for all the positive feedback I did some research my suggestion was stupid and I'll think before I suggest something else thanks people

Beau_Nearh

Portal
ThAnks for all the positive feedback I did some research my suggestion was stupid and I'll think before I suggest something else thanks people

Your suggestion wasn't stupid at all. The skill by itself seems like a very interesting concept but adding it to the ranger class would be a step in the wrong direction :)

Beau_Nearh

Portal
A ranged blind really wouldn't fit any class right now.
If you ignore someone totally then you come to a biased conclusion. When you are asking people for a response but change or ignore anything then your result becomes biased. I didn't say that you shouldn't ignore the insults, I said you can't ignore people completely.

That is your personal opinion so fair enough. But I'm sure deleting/ ignoring people who insult the original poster without giving any valid feedback wouldn't effect the results at all (I've seen very little feedback and reasoning for that feedback on most abusive posts, feel free to try and correct me but I'm not at all. We both know this).

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Alright this thread is going in the wrong direction. I think we all understand that this wasn't the best or thought through idea, but let's not all be jerks to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.