• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Rangers need back Root!!

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I know most people will say jazza stfu your shit learn how to shoot.

But Rangers need back root we are basically the same as wizards except they have practically 100% hit rate and are able to shoot immediately, while rangers have to aim load and shoot. Wizards can stop a person rushing them with root and megabolt them, while a ranger has a shit wolf and arrowstorm as a last line of defence.

Root isn't the only thing that needs changing, Icearrow needs to be changed or removed it is not working and a waste rangers should be a ranged attack but we can't slow them down because Icearrow is useless. Wolves need to be removed too, we are supposed to be merged with bm but we don't even get a tenth of the power of the wolves they are glitchy and a skele one shots them, no awesome axe strength, lick wounds. These are all the skills that made BM great but we get none of them.

I personally think that BM was such a good class and was one of the better rogue ones, but non existent with ranger, I think summonwolf could possibly be added or extremely buffing wolves because when I shoot someone my wolf does nothing.

I don't think root is too much to ask slap a huge cd and mana on it so we can only use it once a match, or fix ice arrow either way at the moment it is way too hard to be ranger. We also don't really need firearrow I am not sure about everyone else but all I use is poisonarrow.

Positives- Arrowstorm is great, but sometimes slow to work.
Poisonarrow is great.
Gills is Fun.
Summonarrow is a godsend.
barrage is useful.
Can't wait till bowstrength is back.

Anyways I have finished my rant. Add stuff that you think is wrong fellow rangers.

Digger360

Obsidian
I agree. Rangers are lacking right now. A little acrobatics with some lag, and it doesn't matter how good a shot you are.

However can still use punch bows and whack Melee's off to shoot em again.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes but Punch bows only work if you hit them. When people see rangers all they do is just spazz out and it is hard as hell to shoot them.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Perhaps a passive crit+stun for bowman (they have a chance to stun and crit when an attack hits).

Joka10

Soulsand
I'm pretty sure Root is really short range. Running up to someone and rooting them isn't really what the ranger class is about. They should just fix IceArrow. A long range root type thing like that suits the class much better.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
While I also did love bm conceptually, haha, I don't think root is what rangers need. Ranger is all about what happens long range, if you're fighting as a ranger at short range, get better tactics :p. The core of the issue is fixing ice arrow. When that is fixed, I'll be happy. For now, I don't think we need root to compensate.