• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Travel Skill

WendyMarvell

Legacy Supporter 3
I don't really know how to go about starting this post... But in the on Ranger's lore it states that they are masters of the wild, can follow someone any distance etc.
But, in it's current state a Ranger has to pretty much run normally to wherever they're going, unless they happen to have someone who can Port them, or a Bard to speed them up and such.

I think that a way for Ranger's to travel across the map more quickly would be great, and wouldn't be incredibly imbalanced.

Possibly a very nerfed version of Port, with high mana/stamina costs, and possibly a high cooldown and warmup time, it would even be fine if the Ranger only ports his/herself rather than nearby party members as well.
In essence: A "SafeTravel" or "FastTravel" skill which is pretty much port but does NOT effect nearby party members, and costs say 100 mana/15 stamina.

I was thinking some sort of speed boost would be nice, but a skill such as Windwalk isn't really fitting for Ranger imo, and Windwalk is more of a burst of speed rather than a travelling over distance skill. Something like a Self-Accelerando would be cool, but I'm not sure how balanced that would be.

So, overall, I feel as if Ranger's get around the map incredibly slowly, and it's difficult for them to "Track any target" or, at least catch them. While I do think it's a bit fun (personally) to run and see as lot of the world when trying to track someone as a Ranger, I feel it's not exactly the most practical thing currently. I guess using speed potions could solve that somewhat but that's not so fun.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
Just to add to possibilities for being different, maybe teleport to HeroGates instead of the spires that normal ports tele to?

Weikauno

Coder
ooh, idea, make rangers' horses(when they come out, so excited!) a little faster than other people's horses speeds(like maybe 5-10% faster) so they can travel around the map faster.

WendyMarvell

Legacy Supporter 3
I wouldn't be objected, but I figured since they're kinda naturey rangers would be a bit attuned to them, similar to Mystic. Although being FastTravel that doesn't really matter

EDIT:

That was direct to 0xNaomi 's post