• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger suggestion.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
@UltNachopony care to explain the disagree? are you mad because i disagreed with your event idea?

You don't pvp, you don't play ranger last i checked, you know nothing about balancing why disagree?

Ultanian

Portal
@UltNachopony care to explain the disagree? are you mad because i disagreed with your event idea?

You don't pvp, you don't play ranger last i checked, you know nothing about balancing why disagree?
I do PvP, I was ranger mostly last map, I disagree because the Ranger's arrows should do quite the amount of damage because they are a skill shot. Most classes have some sort of skill to counter them, whether it's mobility or defensive buffs.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I do PvP, I was ranger mostly last map, I disagree because the Ranger's arrows should do quite the amount of damage because they are a skill shot. Most classes have some sort of skill to counter them, whether it's mobility or defensive buffs.
you never pvp, so stop acting like you do. Second, so fine leave it with its high damage but then it needs its base weight reduced and axe damage reduce. I'm not saying destroy the class but it is in desperate need of balancing.\

Punch being removed axe damage being reduced by 5 and base weight 35>30 would be a good start.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Dont think rangers need any nerf. The bow damage is high, but landing an arrow is hard, at least as ive seen this map playing against rangers.

56 base axe damage, its higher than warriors, but they only have 2 mele skills and they dont waste points in strength.
Also i think its a reason to try to build a mele ranger. @whiteninja1970 did it last map and wasnt bad at all.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Dont think rangers need any nerf. The bow damage is high, but landing an arrow is hard, at least as ive seen this map playing against rangers.

56 base axe damage, its higher than warriors, but they only have 2 mele skills and they dont waste points in strength.
Also i think its a reason to try to build a mele ranger. @whiteninja1970 did it last map and wasnt bad at all.
thats because nobody who plays ranger knows how to play it, have you seen 1 good ranger on yet?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
If I had my way ranger would lose bow damage and gain some skills, but like most problems with balance that requires coding. I'll check the repository if there are any skills that have already been made that could fit.

Ultanian

Portal
you never pvp, so stop acting like you do. Second, so fine leave it with its high damage but then it needs its base weight reduced and axe damage reduce. I'm not saying destroy the class but it is in desperate need of balancing.\

Punch being removed axe damage being reduced by 5 and base weight 35>30 would be a good start.
It's hard to pvp when you can only spend <2 hours a week on the server, with a lvl 17 cleric.

As for axe damage, yes I agree that should be lowered but punch on bows should not, at least ban them until more knockback-resistant skills and items attributes are added.

MichaelRL

Legacy Supporter 3

Hi

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
ehhh I have seen plenty barbas0l, downfall, natenate, mik1234 and more.
barb doesn't play anymore, and wasn't an amazing ranger. down is horrible... mik doesn't play anymore and i only remember him playing beguiler.

Nates really the only good ranger atm.

EDIT: Don't bother flaming that down is a good ranger, i wont be on the forums till i get back in a few weeks anyways. Reason i said it was because every fight I've fought vs down (team fights too) he cant land an arrow to save his life.