• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Skill(firework)

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
Name: Explosive shot
Effect: One arrow fires from ranger once it contacts something it exposed dealing magic damage.
Affect: Once the explosion goes off fireworks blow like fire blast.
Reason: Everyone as been asking for a skill that penetrates armor from a ranger. This will deal idk 200 damage?(50 more than a normal arrow) Also Who doesn't want a skill that pretty much shoots a firework!

c12095

Holy Shit!
I like the idea, but do you think it should deal AoE damage? If so, a long cooldown would be needed.

look_out

Legacy Supporter 3
I like the idea, but do you think it should deal AoE damage? If so, a long cooldown would be needed.
Im thinking 3 block aoe, ranger is already a strong class dont want to make it op. Keep in mind that this is only One arrow.
Edit: 15 Second cooldown would be alright

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
I'll say the same thing I said to PewPewPewLasers who suggested something extremely similar. The problem with this skill is the second your enemy sees "Roadkill909's arrow becomes explosive!" They'll turn around, and infinite sprint and jump around in a random zigzag pattern until you miss.

I'd love an armor piercing ability, but as an ammo power, not a single use.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I'll say the same thing I said to PewPewPewLasers who suggested something extremely similar. The problem with this skill is the second your enemy sees "Roadkill909's arrow becomes explosive!" They'll turn around, and infinite sprint and jump around in a random zigzag pattern until you miss.

I'd love an armor piercing ability, but as an ammo power, not a single use.
Same sentiments as Roadkill. But rangers DO need at least some skill that penetrates armor. It's useless to fight most warrior classes.

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
Same sentiments as Roadkill. But rangers DO need at least some skill that penetrates armor. It's useless to fight most warrior classes.
How about BodkinArrow, which makes arrows ignore armor (or at least half of the armor if full armor would be too OP) for 20 seconds and do 125 damage instead of the full 150?

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
How about BodkinArrow, which makes arrows ignore armor (or at least half of the armor if full armor would be too OP) for 20 seconds and do 125 damage instead of the full 150?

This is from the other ranger balance thread:

Sorry, don't like Exploding arrow. The problem with it is the second your enemy sees "Roadkill909's arrow becomes explosive!" They'll turn around, and infinite sprint and jump around in a random zigzag pattern until you miss (Basically what people do 90% of the time when they fight me).

I'd prefer an armor ignoring ammo power, but (for balance) only does 100 damage.

There seems to be so many threads about ranger, we ought to consolidate them..

arcanegrove

Obsidian
How about traps? Instead of giving them armor piercing arrows, it would cool to have traps, that does not pop up in any channels. Maybe like bear trap, pit trap, exploding trap, something that would make warriors a little more scared of jumping closet to the ranger.

The only thing I've heard is that they can't fight warriors, I thing laying traps that don't expire would be amazing, AND give them a unic feel, just like wizards and dragoons have.