• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Random Rogue Skills Suggestions

Joka10

Soulsand
MUFFLE:
First of all, I'd like to suggest a skill for Ninja(maybe thief)(definitely to Assassin) that someone else suggested for rogue specs in general a while back. Originally it was called Muffle, and that name works. The original idea had the skill stop all of the user's skill broadcast messages, as well as not giving kill messages over global chat. The use was to work a bit like sneak. I have something slightly different in mind. Muffle would be a passive skill, like Tumble, that you would get at a certain level, and it would have a small chance to fail. This chance would gradually decrease as you leveled up. Out of all the suggestions I'm going to make, this is the one I most want to see added. It's really annoying when you give away your presence every time you use a skill. Death messages make it so you can't kill someone without their friends knowing. Those should also be muffled. This skill would be so helpful, and would actually allow Ninjas(maybe Thieves too)(definitely Assassins) to sneak up on people and effectively fight them without giving away their presence immediately to others. If anything, just make this an Assassin skill, but please make it xD

STRANGLE:
The next one is called Strangle, and would be for Thief/Ninja/Assassin. It would require the attacker to be very close (within 1 block) and would require them to be behind their target. When used, Strangle would render the victim incapable of movement (they could still turn their view around, though) for the duration of its use, and would quickly progressively deal a large amount of damage (every half a second, it would deal like 20 damage, rendering most people dead within 3 seconds). If the victim were to turn around to face the attacker, the attacker would be knocked back 5 (or something like that) blocks and stunned for a couple seconds, dealing an amount of damage similar to the amount dealt to a person caught using Thievery. The skill would have about a two minute cooldown (so you couldn't just spam the attack) and would use a large amount of stamina. If a person were caught while otherwise occupied, they possibly wouldn't notice until much too late. However, anyone paying attention could whip around and greivously hurt the attacker. The attacker could attempt to strafe around the victim to avoid being seen, but they would have to remain within 1 block of them. They could also jump back, but they would likely not do it in time. The skill might seem a bit OP, but it could definitely be balanced. It would be a very roguelike skill that would be especially useful against the AFK :D

GRAPPLE:
The next skill is Grapple, and would be for Ranger/Assassin. As reagents, it would require an arrow, some amount of string, and an iron ingot. /skill grapple fire would make the next arrow fired from the bow act as a grappling hook. Based on the amount of string in the inventory, a message would return upon the arrow hitting the target saying "Hit!", "Unusable!" (if the line of sight from user to arrow was obscured) or saying "Too far!" (the distance could be up to an eighth of the amount of string in the inventory). If the shot was too far or unusable, the string and iron ingot would not be consumed (though the arrow would be). If the distance was okay, though, the user could type /skill grapple confirm or /skill grapple decline. Upon decline, the string and ingot would not be consumed. Upon confirm, the ingot as well as a quantity of string eight times the distance (in blocks) from the arrow would be consumed, and the user would be teleported to the arrow. They would drop down from wherever they were teleported to, so if there was no platform underneath, they'd fall rather far... This skill would have like a five minute cooldown (from a successful shot) and a large mana/stamina use (even from a failed shot). It would make raids a lot more interesting...

I have another idea called Climb, but I'm tired, don't wanna type anymore, and I'm not so sure it's possible. I might suggest it later on in detail, but not now.

Well, those are my suggestions. Muffle would be really awesome. Strangle would be quite interesting too. Grapple would be really cool but could probably be easily exploited. Opinions that don't involve facepalm/tard ratings are preferred to those that do, but whatever you feel is necessary is fine, I guess. Sorry that I don't have any Bard suggestions. I'm not too familiar with the class.

So, uh... respond I guess (AND ADD MUFFLE >:O)...

DISCLAIMER: This was typed from a 3DS (don't ask :/), so any formatting screw-ups were unintentional! This browser sucks!

Shadowatom

Gold
Im going to be assuming climb allows the user to scale a wall without any need of something. If that is the case it cant be implemented, i cant get into details but the programmers could tell you why. I think grapple mit be too similar to climb thus resulting in the same outcome of whether it can be put into the server or not. Strangle seems a little OP as you had said but i wouldnt be sure as to how it would work for someone who is skilled enough to use it since theivery is still getting complaints even though i believes kainzo had already said they arent done with it yet. Muffle im not so sure about it seems somewhat useless imo due to tye fact that the person would see their attackers name and just be able to say that the person killed them afterwards.Id say strangle is probably the most likely one to be put in unless someone has a suggestion to change a skill and make it into something that wouldnt be useless because of what the user can do after death or something that can be implemnted into the server. Thats my view of it if you could post what climb actually does if im assuming incorrectly it would probably give an idea of whether two of your ideas have the possibility of being put in. Although the last thing would be that if one class gains multiple skills the rest might feel a little ripped off and complain, just someting to think about so you dont wonder why they arent put in right away if they accept them.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
I really like these ideas, and while they definitely need some tweaking, I think the could be very useful, and eventually balanced. As it stands Strangle is very op, but that can be fixed by changing numbers.

The Muffle idea has been floating around for a long time, and I am a firm supporter of it. However, I believe that when it is first unlocked (lvl20 or something, idk) it should have a 50% chance to work, working up to like 85/90% at level 55.

As for Grapple, while it sounds very cool, it would add in a lot of checks that would need to be made, which lags the server. Therefore, I am unsure of its feasibility.

Joka10

Soulsand
Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure Grapple was feasible, but it is a cool idea, so it was worth checking. Muffle is the one I want the most. Yeah, people would know that you were there when you attacked them, but as it stands now, you can't really get much of an element of surprise and still use skills. With Muffle, you could surprise someone, then act like you've left (when you really haven't), wait for them to drop their guard, use skills again, and kill them. You could also use Backflip and it wouldn't tell them... I would really like that...

Strangle is OP, but yeah it could be fixed, and it would really fit in with the rogue class.