• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rain and Herocraft

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
As most of us know, rain is a highly obnoxious part of the game, noisy and distracting, as well as laggy to some. I don't mind rain that much personally, however as of the 1.8 beta update, anytime I sprint in the rain for more than thirty-seconds, My game will go skybox blue, or orange depending on the time of day, and promptly crash.

The problem I have here, is that I cannot log back in after one of those unique crashes. Any time I try to reconnect, I crash within ten-seconds of reconnecting. Further more, the rain on Herocraft lasts for an incredibly long time.

What I'm suggesting here is one of two things:
  1. A solution to my, and possibly others, problem with rain, as it is game breaking and prevents me from using the server for up to thirty or more minutes, occasionally into over an hour.
  2. Shorten the length of rain in Herocraft significantly, and also decrease the frequency at which it occurs, as if there is no rain, there is no source of problem, simple enough.

GraRona

Portal
I'm game for ZERO rain for no lag, server and client alike. It's not like rain really partakes in the HC experience anyways. :/

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Rain has no benefits. Whatsoever. All it does is annoy the hell out of everyone and cause lag. It even falls through blocks, which sucks too. Sure it blocks out the sun and causes mobs to spawn which makes the server more hardcore, but you don't have to get rid of the overcast!

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
It would not be hard to remove just the rain animation, I am not sure if it is possible to do from the server and not our client though...

ADaringEnchilada

Legacy Supporter 4
Actually st3p, it's the rain class. I tested removing the texture and got a texture error (which I should have seen coming) but I crashed all the same.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The immerse value of rain is a good thing. The crashing / etc needs to be reported to notch/jeb or bukkit.

I havent had any crashes with it - but I havent done thorough testing - I'll look into it later

kriskills

Legacy Supporter 6
Rain prevents fires. So fireball, (old bolt), and im going to guess blaze, etc are all skills that are hurt by rain. Unless this has been changed?