• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Raid Parties + Mana HUD

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Hello guys! After a long hiatus from the forums (2 years) I though about coming back and seeing what I can do to help out. Seeing as how these are two, rather quick suggestions, I decided to add them together...

Raid Parties - An idea popped into my head after someone online mentioned 'why are parties limited in size'. Although he was quickly answered with 'for balance issues', I had an idea to possibly mitigate these balance issues. In rare cases where parties of 5 or more people are grouped together for PvP, they have to make 2 separate parties and risk hitting each other with damaging AoEs and overall could make things messy. Although I have yet to be a part of these parties... I could see it being annoying.

• If a Party is a Raid Party, nobody gains experience... for anything.
  • These parties would still have a cap (I could see 10 being fine)
  • Area of Effect spells that heal or have some sort of positive effect would be capped off hitting the 5 closest people.
  • Everyone in the raid party should have a mark above their head to indicate they are in a raid party for everyone to see.
  • Perhaps an additional feature that causes an increased mob generation rate near the party, but the 'extra mobs' are flagged to not give experience to anyone who kills it (regardless of party) for increased difficulty.

Mana Hud - With the introduction of the new mana bar in the hud, an idea that came to the table was to make a solid numeral value for mana as a part of the Hud (like the way HP is currently). Kainzo himself said something along the lines of 'The Hud is too crowded as is'. Excuse my poor MSPaint skills, but here is my idea of how we could adjust the Hud.

• To clean up the hud, perhaps the command /togglehud could be divided into the /togglehud levels and /togglehud stats. Although it should be obvious, this would give people the option to remove part of the Hud that includes the player's Profession and Combat Class level or the HP Value and MP Value of the Hud.
  • Another idea would be a slight organization of the UI like such....
U2jK5FX.png

...you get the idea.