• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Races

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
You know, Elfs, Orcs, ect. Perhaps with various perks (Orcs - +Melee damage for example) and perks like higher jumping, speed, health, mana, stamina or perhaps race only skills (Orc - berserk)

I am not home right now, do I'll elaborate more when I get home.

Oh, races are permanent unless you /hero reset.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
no Large opinion on this. Might be nice if done correctly , but would that balance well with others? may take longer than you think.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Unfortunately, it would require a major rewrite / large portion of time to add in "races" ... maybe in the future.

KrunknMunky

Legacy Supporter 3
Perhaps we could simply change all the 'classes' to races? Would be relatively simple I think, and if the community were up for it, I think it would work.

Ie: Humans as casters (or elves, depends on what fantasy you base it on), Goblins (or whatever else) as rogues, Orcs as warriors, and idk what for healers :D

I dunno, just throwing ideas about :p

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Perhaps we could simply change all the 'classes' to races? Would be relatively simple I think, and if the community were up for it, I think it would work.

Ie: Humans as casters (or elves, depends on what fantasy you base it on), Goblins (or whatever else) as rogues, Orcs as warriors, and idk what for healers :D

I dunno, just throwing ideas about :p

Well, the point of races is to add another level of customization to your charecter. Why not be a Orc Caster?

Joka10

Soulsand
I don't think there should be perks to being in different races. Maybe just a title when roleplaying?

Zakeko

Coal
Maybe the races should give a special ability/small buff to the person so that they don't overpower the gameplay too much.
Like:
Elf - Deals more damage when using ranged.
Orc - Deals more damage when using melee.
Lizardman - Can breathe underwater for longer
Lycan - Can move slightly faster than normal.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
Again, even if these were minuscule, it would add a rather large imbalance to the game,

for instance, Orc thief might deal 15 dmg with gold sword, whereas elf thief would deal say maybe the same or less damage. the races are nice, but i dont see how 1. balance can happen, 2. it would take a while to code & create.

TheTMTrainer

Soulsand
Again, even if these were minuscule, it would add a rather large imbalance to the game,

for instance, Orc thief might deal 15 dmg with gold sword, whereas elf thief would deal say maybe the same or less damage. the races are nice, but i dont see how 1. balance can happen, 2. it would take a while to code & create.

Then pick wisely, and sure, it could take a while to code, but if the developers like the idea and are willing to put some time into something this large, then they could finish this addition whenever the want.

Also, all races would have a disadvantage, where Orcs have an advantage at using a sword, they could lack with their armor. (their beserkish rage prevents them from being as defensive as they should be.)