• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Question about mob arenas.

Icallhacks

Stone
Are you allowed to make a dark room for mobs to spawn, so you can walk in and fight them, in a high-ceiling (as high as you can reach) unobstructed room? Someone in TS3 said that this wasn't allowed, but I heard that it was, and was getting conflicting stories about it. I just want to know the real answer to this question before I do this and get banned for a misunderstanding. If this thread is in the wrong section, please let me know what section it should be in, and close the thread.

Angusward

Gold
But full size mob towers are frowned upon, since they generate lag and apparently steal spawns from the nearby area, though I don't know abot that last part.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Could a person use doors to control how many mobs are fought at once? I assume it's alright, but I'd rather ask before I do it and not get my levels reset.

Actually any type of dark room mob spawner is illegal if I remember correctly.
Apparently Doreagarde made one, so I doubt it's illegal.

Icallhacks

Stone
Well, since it is legal, I am going to make mine, and if an admin teleports to me and tells me not to do it, I will light it up and leave it, and never come back to the spawner.