• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Chaos Orb
Doom wave
Curse

On a similar note a wave is "any surging or progressing movement" - Dictionary.com Doom wave launches a bunch of enderpearls in strange directions which doesn't surge. I guess it kind of progresses? Eh.
-It has always had Chaos orb
-Doomwave is firewave with teleport
-It has always had curse

I guess you could have always called pyro the "nether-mancer", but it's more distinct with the revamp.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Chaos Orb
Doom wave
Curse

On a similar note a wave is "any surging or progressing movement" - Dictionary.com Doom wave launches a bunch of enderpearls in strange directions which doesn't surge. I guess it kind of progresses? Eh.
I think the correct use of wave for "Doom Wave" is "a mass movement" There is a mass "20+ ender pearls" and they are moving.

-It has always had Chaos orb
-Doomwave is firewave with teleport
-It has always had curse

I guess you could have always called pyro the "nether-mancer", but it's more distinct with the revamp.

First Doomwave is NOT firewave with teleport. If Doomwave was firewave with teleport it'd be OP.

Has not always had ChaosOrb, its been a Pyro ability for a while but back then the number of fiery abilities outnumbered chaosydark spells by a lot.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
First Doomwave is NOT firewave with teleport. If Doomwave was firewave with teleport it'd be OP.

Has not always had ChaosOrb, its been a Pyro ability for a while but back then the number of fiery abilities outnumbered chaosydark spells by a lot.
Doomwave is firewave with "Chaos Orbs." The amount of "fire" to "dark" skills is about equal. All I know is that pyro had chaos orb before the revamp.

P.S. I love when I dominate threads like this :p One second it's people chatting and the next the OP is coming for my head :p

Doomwave is firewave with "Chaos Orbs." The amount of "fire" to "dark" skills is about equal. All I know is that pyro had chaos orb before the revamp.

P.S. I love when I dominate threads like this :p One second it's people chatting and the next the OP is coming for my head :p
Once again you ignore the point of the thread... Dumb.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Once again you ignore the point of the thread... Dumb.
Not exactly. Your thread was created saying pyro need more "fire" skills. I came saying fire skills aren't viable and that i like how it is now. Just cause your thread started a converstion doesn't mean I can't debate (civily) why it's a bad idea. So you have two options. Prove me wrong (which you can't) or you can actually contribute to your thread. Not once have you made a suggestion besides saying "I want more fire skills" <---( not actual quote). Now if you want to say which skills you want replaced ( I'm guessing all "dark" skills) then go ahead. If you want me to do so (Cause I will) but I don't know what you want.

If you can't think of any, I'll give you an example:

Darkblade->Mana Burn (see it has "burn" in it :p)

P.S. It looks like your "Dumb" catchphrase is back.

Last edited:
Not exactly. Your thread was created saying pyro need more "fire" skills. I came saying fire skills aren't viable and that i like how it is now..

Theres a difference between spells that light people on fire and skills that are firey. Like great combustion, its a fire based spell but doesn't light people on fire.

Just for a second, read that. Just for a second. Maybe, just maybe then you will be able to understand.

Glacial_Reign

Portal
By insulting people and making them look dumb wont be beneficial for anyone. So instead of calling ppl dumb maybe explain them what your point really is in different wording. Thats my suggestion to you duckies

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
The Herocraft Pyromancer is and probably always be a mixture of fire and dark based magic. I believe Kainzo is as big of a fan of that combo as I am. My views are pretty much the same as everyone elses in this thread that is siding with the new Pyro.

FIRE abilities:
Chaos Orb
Cauterize
DragonsBreath
FlameShield
Doomwave
GreatCombustion

DARK abilities:
ChaosOrb
DarkBlade
DarkBolt
Curse
Doomwave

Fire Count: 6
Dark Count: 5
Hybrid Count: 2

--------------------------

DAMAGING FIRE abilities:
ChaosOrb
DragonsBreath
DoomWave
GreatCombustion

DAMAGING DARK abilities:
ChaosOrb
DarkBlade
DarkBolt
DoomWave

Damaging Fire Count: 4
Dark Count: 4

-----------------------

Even considering the "Hybrid" abilities that are a mix of fire & dark magic, they still have 1 more fire ability than dark. And honestly, I would argue that ChaosOrb & DoomWave are more fire than dark based. Of course, you could argue that ChaoticStrength is dark based, in which case, the only thing that happens is it breaks even in both aggressive and non-aggressive abilities.

But yeah, not sure where the "They need more fire abilities" is even coming from here. They have plenty.

Last edited:

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I think I know where people are coming from. Back on Dragon there was this ability called "Blaze" Which basically lit everything on fire within a radius of you. People are probably like "Why can't we have abilities like that which set people on fire and shit! yeah!" but as someone already pointed out, fire ticks ruin pyromancer as they are currently. Way back when, Pyromancers were just glorified fire mages/casters, there wasn't anything outstanding about them, except lighting everyone and everything on fire (which i suppose is in and of itself outstanding). How they are currently, their skillset works. I don't play pyromancer and I certainly didn't read the entirety of this thread, but those are just my thoughts.

szatanista

Soulsand
So...As a master Pyro I'll say what I think.

Pyro is very good at it is and I wouldn't be suprised if he got nerfed. There is perfect balance between fire and dark spells so everything's ok here. My only suggestion would be so that Dragon'sBreath could do like 2 ticks of fire damage since its....DRAGON"S breath. That would help Pyro's level easier and wouldn't be that much of a difference in PvP.

The Herocraft Pyromancer is and probably always be a mixture of fire and dark based magic. I believe Kainzo is as big of a fan of that combo as I am. My views are pretty much the same as everyone elses in this thread that is siding with the new Pyro.

FIRE abilities:
Chaos Orb
Cauterize
DragonsBreath
FlameShield
Doomwave
GreatCombustion

DARK abilities:
ChaosOrb
DarkBlade
DarkBolt
Curse
Doomwave

Fire Count: 6
Dark Count: 5

--------------------------

DAMAGING FIRE abilities:
ChaosOrb
DragonsBreath
DoomWave
GreatCombustion

DAMAGING DARK abilities:
ChaosOrb
DarkBlade
DarkBolt
DoomWave

Damaging Fire Count: 4
Dark Count: 4

-----------------------

Even considering the "Hybrid" abilities that are a mix of fire & dark magic, they still have 1 more fire ability than dark. And honestly, I would argue that ChaosOrb & DoomWave are more fire than dark based. Of course, you could argue that ChaoticStrength is dark based, in which case, the only thing that happens is it breaks even in both aggressive and non-aggressive abilities.

But yeah, not sure where the "They need more fire abilities" is even coming from here. They have plenty.

Okay, having a 'Doom Wave' light people on fire is a very dumb way to make something a 'fire' ability and you \ should feel bad for trying to pass it off as such.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Okay, having a 'Doom Wave' light people on fire is a very dumb way to make something a 'fire' ability and you \ should feel bad for trying to pass it off as such.
DoomWave sends off a slew of chaos orbs all around the caster. Chaos orbs are "fiery" projectiles that you are able to teleport to. I do not understand where you are coming from with your comment.