• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer Ultimate Skill

So, most of you know pyromancers doom wave is broken...
And its kinda useless anyway if it was working fine, so Iv thought
of something to replace it.
Iv got two skills:
Dark Desire:
Darkness surrounds the user and anyone within a certain radius
will be sucked in and take grave damage if they stay there.
Effects:
User will move VERY slow or not even be allowed to move.
If someone is within a certain radius, they will be given a slowness debuff and sucked
into the users dark desire.
The victim will take damage per second.
If they stay in there, the damage will accumlate and double.

And another suggestion to replace doom wave:
Fire Tempest
The user transforms into a fire storm. Random blocks around the user will be catching on fire.
The user can teleport up to a certain amount of blocks, when he teleports, the area around him will start
to catch on fire. He can teleport again after a certain amount of time. Enemies will take damage when caught on fire.
Enemy also takes a slight damage if the user teleports near them, or they get a slowness debuff.

Iv suggested these skills because of the lack of manoeuvrability Pyromancer has except for
Chaos Orb but....yeh.
Keep in mind its just a suggestion and thx for reading :)

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
So, most of you know pyromancers doom wave is broken...

Dark Desire:

Fire Tempest
The user transforms into a fire storm. Random blocks around the user will be catching on fire.
The user can teleport up to a certain amount of blocks, when he teleports, the area around him will start
to catch on fire. He can teleport again after a certain amount of time. Enemies will take damage when caught on fire.
Enemy also takes a slight damage if the user teleports near them, or they get a slowness debuff.
Doomwave is only broken because someone misplaced a decimal on the INT scaling, so with 25ish INT the skill does 2.5 EPs (NOT a circle or "wave") instead of 25. The skill, once fixed, has its place in pvp as an RNG mechanic.

Dark Desire seems a bit vague, Is it a blind and a pull? Explain a bit more how you envision the skill.

Fire Tempest sounds like an excellent skill (change it to set targets on Fire in an AoE, not blocks). It will let pyro have incredible mobility for a short time with it and ChaosOrb, and Pyro needs (imo) a skill that sets targets around them on fire.

Doomwave is only broken because someone misplaced a decimal on the INT scaling, so with 25ish INT the skill does 2.5 EPs (NOT a circle or "wave") instead of 25. The skill, once fixed, has its place in pvp as an RNG mechanic.

Dark Desire seems a bit vague, Is it a blind and a pull? Explain a bit more how you envision the skill.

Fire Tempest sounds like an excellent skill (change it to set targets on Fire in an AoE, not blocks). It will let pyro have incredible mobility for a short time with it and ChaosOrb, and Pyro needs (imo) a skill that sets targets around them on fire.
Dark Desire is basically like a black hole, when the user uses it, anyone within a certain radius will
get sucked in and damaged and or get a slow debuff.

Pyro has enderpearls = auto op
You can only use them once every minute when in combat, compared to anyone with
an escape skill who can easily get away since their cooldown is probably lower than 60s.
(Paladin for example, his holy steed is on a 10s cooldown, and Dragoons can jump every 7.5s)

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
You can only use enderpearls once ever 60 seconds in combat. THUS, you really need to get your wits right and throw an enderpearl correctly and you CAN escape with just one throw...

Back on topic, FireTempest seems like a really cool skill, as it would add more mobility and make the Pyromancer more difficult to focus on and kill...

The only way DarkDesire would work is to have a AoE where any non-party player within the area of effect would get the Blindness effect, then get pulled...

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
During Bastion, the skill that could easily be considered their "Ultimate" ability was Firewave. Firewave was a really cool skill. It just shot fireballs in a circle around you. It was simple, and effective! Up until a fix was put in mid map, you could even one shot people with it. (If anyone has ever Played DotA or HoN, it was very similar to the Neveremore/SoulStealer ultimate ability)

However, after the "bug" got fixed, the skill really lost it's appeal. It wasn't even used until the numbers got significantly buffed, and even then, you would only use it as a mid-ranged fireball that was hard to miss. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

Somewhere in the middle of that, Kainzo demo'd a skill called "DoomWave" on the test server. This was the exact same skill as firewave, but it was enderpearls instead of fireballs. Additionally, these ender pearls did no damage. It was a skill probably intended for Wizard, and in the end, it seemed to wonky to put in game, so it never happened.

Enter Haven, where I'm revamping the Pyromancer to finally be a presence for all to see. I remember DoomWave, and how it worked initially. I decided to fuse it with firewave, and see what came of it. It still felt wonky. I start tweaking the hell out of every which way the enderpearls were being thrown, trying to see if I can make it more interesting / useful.

I...never really succeeded.

<.<

But at some point I decided it would be useful in some situations and so I left it in. No, it wasn't the best skill, but it could be "ok" in teamfights, or while trying to escape near cliffs. And I used it in these situations every now and then.

However, it doesn't qualify as an "Ultimate" ability in it's current state, and thanks to nocheat, it doesn't even work right anymore. I tried looking into the nocheat stuff, but as always, they're a pain in the ass.

So in the event these "ultimate" abilities actually go anywhere and make it into the game, I'd say replacing DoomWave is the right way to go.

Oh, and as always, since this is a Pyromancer thread, I've got to say it.

Fire ticks suck. You do not want them anywhere near this class. You just don't.

Trust me.

Fire ticks suck. You do not want them anywhere near this class. You just don't.

Trust me.
Yes I know fire ticks really suck.
I don't know if its for this class or others as well but for some weird reason when ever
a mob is damaged by the fire tick, I can't damage it with my weapon (blaze rod,axes etc).
Is that a bug or something? I heard that its a vanilla minecraft thing to stop people taking too much
damage but, it is so annoying when I have to spam my mouse button to damage a mob thats on fire.

And that is why Dark Desire comes in.
People seemed to be confused on how it works:
Its basically an aura, if you will, a black hole, what ever.
Its an aura the user emits and any players that come near it will be given
some de-buffs (slowness, blindness) and damaged. The longer they stay,
the more the damage will accumulate to.
This skill is there to not let enemies escape, since as you guys know mobility for Pyromancer kinda sucks
(except for enderpearls, but even then...).

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Yes I know fire ticks really suck.
I don't know if its for this class or others as well but for some weird reason when ever
a mob is damaged by the fire tick, I can't damage it with my weapon (blaze rod,axes etc).
Is that a bug or something? I heard that its a vanilla minecraft thing to stop people taking too much
damage but, it is so annoying when I have to spam my mouse button to damage a mob thats on fire.
It's a vanilla mechanic that cannot be avoided. Any vanilla based damage will cause this issue. (Left clicks, arrows, fire ticks, withering, fall damage, ect.)

See: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Damage#Damage_immunity