• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyro Weapon - Blaze Rod

Allow Pyros to use Blaze Rods?

• Suggestion 1. Yes, doing Gold Damage (lower gold tier damage from current)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Suggestion 2. Yes, doing Diamond Damage and a %Chance of Fire Ticks

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • No, it doesn't make sense for Pyromancers to use Blaze rods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • OTHER, Check Thread For Response

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Currently, Disciple is the only class to wield a blaze rod, but I think that Pyromancer could also wield it. Neither Lore nor weapon type loot-table balancing are in conflict with this implementation.

Suggestion 1: Blaze Rod does Damage equivalent to a Gold Axe (AND gold tier melee Damage is lowered slightly, to make up for the fact that Blaze Rods last much longer than 16 hits of Gold Axe).

Suggestion 2: Blaze Rod does Damage equivalent to a Diamond Axe, and has a % chance to set the target on fire.

Thoughts?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
But the question is, what shall we replace maim with?
A new name to better reflect the potential to use it with both an axe and a rod.
"Maim" is a single target damage skill that has a brief slow.
Possible names:
/skill FieryStrike /skill PyrotechnicBlow /skill FlamingBitchSlap

idk, but its an easy change if we decide its impossible to Maim someone with a Rod.

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
I had this exact same thought when I switched to Pyromancer. This would certainly make a lot of sense from a lore standpoint, in my opinion. I would love to see this implemented.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I would have to disagree. Unless damage was greatly reduced. Pyro should stick to axes. Dmg would have to be reduced based solely on the fact that blaze rods don't break. Even diamond axes break. So this would be adding a different element to pvp. When you die, your armor and weapon in hand break slightly. See where I'm going here?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I would have to disagree. Unless damage was greatly reduced. Pyro should stick to axes. Dmg would have to be reduced based solely on the fact that blaze rods don't break. Even diamond axes break. So this would be adding a different element to pvp. When you die, your armor and weapon in hand break slightly. See where I'm going here?
It's more of an economy thing. Changing the weapon from an axe to a blaze rod does NOTHING to effect balance.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
So it is alright for just disciple to have their weapons unbreaking?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
When you think about it, pyro is an expensive class to play (relatively.) Not only does it have a regents like a mage, it's above average armor is expensive, and finally you have it's axe.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Dmg would have to be reduced based solely on the fact that blaze rods don't break
A similar balance mechanic was used to balance around the fact that Disciple and Bard melee weapons did not deteriorate. A similar weapon would not require reducing the damage of the Pyromancer class "greatly". HOWEVER - Both suggestions 1 and 2 would have to accompany a reduction in melee damage, without a doubt.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Still confused to why you guys are making a fuss about unbreakable weapons. There is no reason to change pyro's melee just because it uses a different weapon. Weapons breaking isn't a part of combat, but rather a way to drain resources.

This does make sense and I think it should be implemented right now.
Starting to get annoyed of my axes breaking too easily :(

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Case in point. Let's just give all classes unbreakable weapons.
W0nd3r, Pyromancer has a unique reason to use Blaze Rods, they fit into the Fire theme...

Letting Pyromancer use Blaze Rods at Diamond Durability would be a minimal change, while the 2 suggestions outlined in this thread would be a larger change but still not as large as you seem to think.

Item Durability is just waiting for an easy fix to make everyone's weapon usage close to Equal. I would expect to see Custom Item Drop Blaze Rods have a Durability loss on Death, once that's possible.
edit, I see above posts have similar ideas.

Back on topic, please elaborate as to why you oppose the addition of an unbreaking weapon to Pyromancer. If I suggested a JukeBox, would that change your response? Is it the Blaze Rod you oppose or is the weapon durability really the head issue you are going to talk about? It seems minimal to me compared to other aspects of this change!

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
W0nd3r, Pyromancer has a unique reason to use Blaze Rods, they fit into the Fire theme...

Letting Pyromancer use Blaze Rods at Diamond Durability would be a minimal change, while the 2 suggestions outlined in this thread would be a larger change but still not as large as you seem to think.

Item Durability is just waiting for an easy fix to make everyone's weapon usage close to Equal. I would expect to see Custom Item Drop Blaze Rods have a Durability loss on Death, once that's possible.
edit, I see above posts have similar ideas.

Back on topic, please elaborate as to why you oppose the addition of an unbreaking weapon to Pyromancer. If I suggested a JukeBox, would that change your response? Is it the Blaze Rod you oppose or is the weapon durability really the head issue you are going to talk about? It seems minimal to me compared to other aspects of this change!
Weapon durability. They only aspect that would make any since is that it has the word blaze in it. You are adding to much to a class. There shouldn't be that diverse of a selection for a class to use. As a disciple, I can't use a spear, however monks use spears as weapons. Does this mean I should be able to use a shovel as a weapon too? Many forms of martial arts like kung fu, etc that I view as being related to the style of disc use swords as well. Can disc get swords as well? Do you see how we start taking away from what makes a class a class?? With the addition of attributes no one has any clue what class someone is anymore based on what armor they are wearing. Add in being able to use a wider variety of weapons we are doomed for any class recognition. So what makes a class unique???

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Weapon durability. They only aspect that would make any since is that it has the word blaze in it. You are adding to much to a class. There shouldn't be that diverse of a selection for a class to use. As a disciple, I can't use a spear, however monks use spears as weapons. Does this mean I should be able to use a shovel as a weapon too? Many forms of martial arts like kung fu, etc that I view as being related to the style of disc use swords as well. Can disc get swords as well? Do you see how we start taking away from what makes a class a class?? With the addition of attributes no one has any clue what class someone is anymore based on what armor they are wearing. Add in being able to use a wider variety of weapons we are doomed for any class recognition. So what makes a class unique???
So you want to feel special and don't care about QoL changes?

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
1. Disciple isn't an armored monk, it is an unarmed monk (in HC lore) while Samurai and Ninja are historically the HC weapons-based martial arts inspired classes. Therefore for Disciple, a unique tier system of Fists Stick FishingRod RawFish BlazeRod is implemented. It is my opinion that this weapon diversity is actually on par with most spec's weapon tier choices. They are cheaper and easier to get, until Gold Tier, when they are more expensive and harder to get.

2. Bard and perhaps Ninja/Paladin are the only classes that use multiple melee range (ie: I am not counting bows) weapons at or above Diamond Tier melee damage (paladin Shield is for defense not damage).

3. For Pyro: Consider removing Gold Axe and replacing with ONLY Blaze Rod, meaning that (like Disciple) the Pyro Gold-tier weapon is difficult to obtain, but (unlike Disciple) the Diamond-tier weapon still costs 3 diamonds. That seems like a balanced start to this change.

4. Pyromancer is not a class that has to worry about being recognized, as most of their skills are rather showy, with effects or Fire Ticks. Anyways, I'm not sure complaining that we cannot rely on sight to identify class anymore is a valid complaint.

To all: Thoughts on #3 as a starting point, regardless of %Fire chance and reduction to melee base levels?

Last edited: