• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVP/PVE servers

What do you think is the best direction for the server?

• Only PVE server

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only PVP server

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Both!

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
DO NOT VOTE BEFORE READING.

I'm not sure anyone is going to agree with what i have to say but we will see how it goes.

First we all as Herocraft players need to accept a few things.
1. Minecraft as a whole is slowly diminishing in player base the thing that keeps us alive is our uniqueness.
2. Having both a PVP server and a PVE server alienates members of our community from each other.

What i believe we need to do is we need to pick one. We need to rally together as a community and decide weather this server wants PVP to still exist or weather we want to solely be PVE, having both splits us apart and makes the game less entertaining due to the lack of people on both servers. Though simply getting rid of one server won't do the trick. We must first wipe everything and start over (don't worry the first few weeks of a new map are always the most fun anyway.) After making that change we must make a few more depending on our choice.

PVE only.
1. Add mob arena or something similar for end game content along with the upcoming RPG server.
2. Remove central plots to encourage people to work together and build towns.
3. add an arena for the pvp players as well as a ranking system and reward system.

PVP only.
1. Remove central plots to encourage people to make towns.
2. Remove god weapons.
3. Decrease the power difference between levels so low levels are able to defend themselves.

Thank you for your time.

~Von

please don't just vote, leave some feedback!

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
DO NOT VOTE BEFORE READING.

I'm not sure anyone is going to agree with what i have to say but we will see how it goes.

First we all as Herocraft players need to accept a few things.
1. Minecraft as a whole is slowly diminishing in player base the thing that keeps us alive is our uniqueness.
2. Having both a PVP server and a PVE server alienates members of our community from each other.

What i believe we need to do is we need to pick one. We need to rally together as a community and decide weather this server wants PVP to still exist or weather we want to solely be PVE, having both splits us apart and makes the game less entertaining due to the lack of people on both servers. Though simply getting rid of one server won't do the trick. We must first wipe everything and start over (don't worry the first few weeks of a new map are always the most fun anyway.) After making that change we must make a few more depending on our choice.

PVE only.
1. Add mob arena or something similar for end game content along with the upcoming RPG server.
2. Remove central plots to encourage people to work together and build towns.
3. add an arena for the pvp players as well as a ranking system and reward system.

PVP only.
1. Remove central plots to encourage people to make towns.
2. Remove god weapons.
3. Decrease the power difference between levels so low levels are able to defend themselves.

Thank you for your time.

~Von

please don't just vote, leave some feedback!
I believe we should only have a pvp server, but not how you said.

I believe we should remove pve, remove attributes, forget about townships 3.0, bring back sammy and theif.

Start a new map, tons would come back (as with every map wipe tons of pvp groups come back, but they dont stay) this time it would be different because only 1 map, 1 server, no attributes also helps the difference between low and high lvls, a lvl 30 vs 65 wouldn't be easy to win but definitely would have a chance at winning.. why?: you'll have max lvl HP, max mana/stam regen, set armor so you wear your max already, only difference is the lvl 65 has some more skills, but you still have a good chance at winning.

Noobs wouldn't be camped because A: pvpers would stay for something like this, and they would most likely end up fighting the other pvpers.
B: Attributes being removed gives them a better chance at fighting back, and graveyard camping wouldn't be an issue because a lvl 30 could easily beat a lvl 65 if he gy ran, with attributes it makes it super hard to be a lvl 50 and beat a lvl 65 in a fair fight.

Personally i don't think any of our opinions matter, so im done arguing and debating this because everyones gone. Kainzo will do whatever he wants as usual.

GL HC.

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
Pve is going to win because all the PvPers just said fuck it and gave up

I'm not sure there's winning here, its the player base's preference. As well i think you're wrong, i believe most of the people who play on PVE play there because its only logical, why would they mine/live in PVP where they risk resources when everyone else is going to live in PVE where they are safe. I believe the issue is that there IS an option.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I'm not sure there's winning here, its the player base's preference. As well i think you're wrong, i believe most of the people who play on PVE play there because its only logical, why would they mine/live in PVP where they risk resources when everyone else is going to live in PVE where they are safe. I believe the issue is that there IS an option.
if HC went just pve it would die slowly.

Either way this is just stupid, neither of these options or any options anyone has thought of will EVER be considered in even the slightest way.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
So far most people are saying they want PVE to be removed, I think we can see and learn something from this.

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
So far most people are saying they want PVE to be removed, I think we can see and learn something from this.

I agree, I don't think anyone wants the server to stay divided into two parts, and I think people miss the "old" feeling of hc. If we turned back and didn't even gain players because of it I would be happy.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree, I don't think anyone wants the server to stay divided into two parts, and I think people miss the "old" feeling of hc. If we turned back and didn't even gain players because of it I would be happy.
The thing is, HC is now mostly PvE, I can see Kainzo doing this if PvPers came back but tbh, unless they do it doubt he would do this

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
The thing is, HC is now mostly PvE, I can see Kainzo doing this if PvPers came back but tbh, unless they do it doubt he would do this

I disagree.. as I said before we don't have a bunch of "PVE'ers" we have a bunch of logical people who would rather level in a safe place, especially if EVERYONE is.

Ultanian

Portal
Technically Adventure is PvE, so once that's out there's no point in having a PvE server.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
mhm, also pve is abused by many people like brusli44. He lives and lvls in pve, then comes to pvp and camps noobs then back to pve.

Bottom line is pvp made HC, and pve ruined it. GG.
Coolbeans actually with a good post? Wow.

But anyway most of the community that has been loyal to the server in the past is leaving because they don't feel like they are being listened to. Sure some people don't want to go back to what HC was before but that is when it was in its prime and these new additions are simply not liked by a HUGE portion of players. Therefore causing the server to slowly drop in playerbase. I would be happy if even just for next
Map Kainzo brought things back to what they were in Bastion or DG ( never played DG although I heard it was amazing) then compared it to Haven and Aegis.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
I don't understand why these threads are still being made, we have been told nothing is changing, attributes are staying (just in a different form) There is no point trying anymore.

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't understand why these threads are still being made, we have been told nothing is changing, attributes are staying (just in a different form) There is no point trying anymore.
Showing there is a need for change is the first step toward change. If we don't try nothing will happen, if we do try somthing may happen and I care enough that that is a good enough reason.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Since there's been several threads of this (mainly containing the same people) -- we're locking this.

However,
We are looking to address the issue of split servers and have a method to re-unite them without great loss to either side. There's a "Back to the Basics" patch brewing and the goal is to bring Herocraft back inline with the old days but not entirely giving up on advanced things.

Thank you for giving your valued feedback. I take notice to it and I read it all. Please be respectful and think that there is something else to Herocraft than just PVP or PVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.